Aspects of boutique employment.

Mr. Carre

Apr 15, 2009
I would like to know more about day-to-day life for a boutique employee, e.g., dress code, average number of sales, pros/cons, chain of command, etc.
What's a day like "inside" the orange box?

Also, access to Hermes merchandise is strictly limited. The company allows one scarf per year, and no bags for the first X number of years. At least, so I was once told. Perhaps this was apocryphal, but certainly you don't see the SAs decked out in head-to-toe H, and often, if an SA is wearing a piece of H jewelry it is merely borrowed for the day.

+3. I imagine there's pressure to acquire new clients. If customers remain loyal to a particular SA, to obtain a coveted K or B, I would guess acquiring a new client is difficult, unless the store is in a city with high tourists (but these folks probably are a one-time client)

+4! I know some of H's policies have not always been SA-friendly. For example, when H started the policy of not shipping leather goods, it drove my SA crazy, as she had several clients from around the world who she could no longer ship to.

I know my SD (former SA) buys stuff, but I guess at full price?

I think they borrow the scarves they wear (not sure) and my SA told me the sweater she was wearing was given to her (part of the uniform?)