Aspects of boutique employment.

Mr. Carre

Apr 15, 2009
the Bluegrass
I would like to know more about day-to-day life for a boutique employee, e.g., dress code, average number of sales, pros/cons, chain of command, etc.
What's a day like "inside" the orange box?

MASEML

O.G.
Nov 25, 2008

+3. I imagine there's pressure to acquire new clients. If customers remain loyal to a particular SA, to obtain a coveted K or B, I would guess acquiring a new client is difficult, unless the store is in a city with high tourists (but these folks probably are a one-time client)

pursecrzy

O.G.
Dec 16, 2007
The Cottage
Think of the number of times a day you'd have to tell customers "Sorry, no Birkins or Kellys" and deal with disappointed or angry customers.

Mindi B

Down Dog
O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
State of Denial
Also, access to Hermes merchandise is strictly limited. The company allows one scarf per year, and no bags for the first X number of years. At least, so I was once told. Perhaps this was apocryphal, but certainly you don't see the SAs decked out in head-to-toe H, and often, if an SA is wearing a piece of H jewelry it is merely borrowed for the day.

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Boston Strong!
+3. I imagine there's pressure to acquire new clients. If customers remain loyal to a particular SA, to obtain a coveted K or B, I would guess acquiring a new client is difficult, unless the store is in a city with high tourists (but these folks probably are a one-time client)
+4! I know some of H's policies have not always been SA-friendly. For example, when H started the policy of not shipping leather goods, it drove my SA crazy, as she had several clients from around the world who she could no longer ship to.

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
iiving the dream
I know my SD (former SA) buys stuff, but I guess at full price?

I think they borrow the scarves they wear (not sure) and my SA told me the sweater she was wearing was given to her (part of the uniform?)