Asparagus Makes Your Pee Smell!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I remembered hearing this a long time ago but forgot all about it. I ate a whole bunch of it earlier and was unpleasantly reminded of it!! For a second I thought I had some horrible yeast infection down there!:P
    Gross, but I had to share...

2. Ummm...TMI...

but true! :yucky:

3. lol. nasty peee smell!!!

no asparagus for me. :P

4. Congratulations ... that means you have the asparagus urine gene. ;) Surprisingly, not everyone has it. Some of the people reading this are probably wondering what the heck you're talking about. ;)

5. Are you kidding? Is that a real thing? I've never met anyone that DIDN'T get stinky urine from asparagus!

6. I wish you didn't share!

7. I knew these... but... I had NO idea some people don't have that gene??!?! You sure about that?!

8. i like asparagus but do not like the unpleasant smell. :yucky:

9. and if you had eaten beets, too, it would have been red, as well.

10. lol i've been partial to grilled asparagus lately, and i have the gene! my boyfriend farts in front of me, so i sent him a text message yesterday about my stinky asparagus pee.

11. Oy, that smell put me off asparagus entirely while I was pregnant. (Pregnancy for many women makes gives them a sense of smell like a bloodhound.) It took about 5 years after my son was born before I could eat asparagus again.

12. the whole pee thing has made me avoid asparagus for years!

13. my pee doesn't smell after i eat it (thank god cuz i love it)

14. i never knew about it until my sister mentioned that she likes asparagus but won't eat too much because it makes her pee smell... i had no idea what she was talking about at the time (this was several years ago).

i have eaten lots of asparagus, but my pee doesn't smell any different. so i guess i must not have this gene. i seriously thought my sister was weird, until i found out other people had this problem too. LOL

15. My pee doesn't smell with asparagus but Peeeee-youuuuu, my PHH's does.