Asking this for a freind

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
My friend is interested in buying a new wallet :biggrin:

She has her eye on the Emilie wallet, and I'm just asking to see if there are any pros and cons to this wallet. I haven't really seen anyone post anything about the wallet yet, and I'm curious why, it's such a good price! :nuts:

The Emilie is cute but I like to put a lot of things in my wallets and Sarah is a little bit more sturdy. Emilie looks more fragile and dainty. It's more about what you want it for. If I could I would have chosen a zippy wallet over Sarah even because nothing will fall out. I like big thick wallets.

But this is not about me, what does you friend like? If she doesn't carry a lot her wallet, the Emilie is good!

The only con with the emilie is that it doesn't seem that it will hold a lot, and 'grow' with you, so to speak. For $135 more, your friend can get the Sarah, and will last a LONG time, and she may not outgrow it as quickly.

I have the Emilie and really like it. I also have the Elise, which is shorter but thicker (and more in line with the other LV wallets, except in length).

I like different things about each of them. Right now I really enjoy the Emilie. It's thinner, lighter, and seems easier as the weather warms. I like the pop of color on the button and the price. I like that it doesn't hold a lot - forces me to really think about what I need to be carrying.

I don't think it'll last me forever, but my Elise hasn't lasted forever, either. It's about 6 years old, used daily, and the threads are breaking.

Hmmm... I don't know how to post links to threads... but I did a reveal with the Emilie wallet in red. I put pics and expained how I arrange my cards. Personally, I love it. (This is my only LV wallet- I do like the zippy, but I couldn't pass up this price. Plus I love how "thin" it is with still so much room!)

I don't think it's that bad a wallet.. it's lighter and smooshy, I can put my iphone in it and the wallet doesn't look over stuffed and stiff if you know what I mean...

If you look after your belongings I don't think it'll be a problem.. It doesn't have as many card slots as the sarah or other wallets but I really didn't need that many anyway.. there's other compartments to put the less important cards in as well!

I like the shot of colour on the emilie.. I'm a sucker for red.. that's what made me pick the emilie instead of the sarah! Some people won't even consider the emilie cos it's "cheap" :huh:

At the end of the day..they're both great wallets.. can't loose either way :smile: good luck with your friend's decision!