Asking people to list the good and bad points about their Alexas please

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
I am still very tempted by Alexa but some of the pics and comments are steering me away from her. I have started getting confused about who is happy and who is not. I would find it very helpful if owners could sum up their verdicts on the bag in one thread for comparison purposes. I would love to hear:

• Size
  • Colour
  • Leather type
  • Approx. how many times you have really used your bag (rather than posed in the house)
  • How much you have put in it
  • Carried by strap or handle
  • Good points - attach pics if add fresh info about bag
  • Bad points - add pics of problem if helpful
  • Score bag out of 10 - 1 being rubbish, 10 being the best bag ever!
  • Kept or returned bag and why?

:smartass: I think that this thread would be most useful if the responses came from people who own/have owned/have used Alexa rather than all the rest of us chipping in to agree/disagree/sympathise/take offense just from looking at pics - UNLESS it is to ask for more information.

If you change your mind about your bag later on it would be great if you updated your views of it on here.

Last edited:
oooh this is a good idea, and will make for good reading. As you may recall, I sent the butter back, mainly because of the colour, but the size (regular) could have been bigger too! But I am waiting on another one, so have not given up yet, and will not fill in form until I have really used one! :smile:

Size REGULAR

Colour BUTTER

Leather type BUFFALO

Approx. how many times you have really used your bag (rather than posed in the house)

How much you have put in it: See below! Interestingly, the regular size would hold more than I would ever need, but I prefer the look of the oversize!

photo-71.jpg

Carried by strap or handle: Would use more as shoulder and messenger

Good points - Modern, casual looking, slouchy style messenger

Bad points - It doesnt "feel" like a luxury bag - lining in particular is v cheap, and as discussed before, I really dislike the side rivets, as the leather is hard to pull away as it is an eyelet, and then the strap just flaps - it most definately should have been a buckle that matches the buckles on the front.

P1130020.jpg

Score bag out of 10 - 5

Kept or returned bag and why?: Returned this bag because of the colour

Last edited:
Brilliant review CB and a very helpful detail photo.

Does the lining seem 'cheaper' than the fabric used in other Mulberry bags or just not appropriate for use in a bag at the Alexa price point?

You imply that the whole bag, not just the lining, does 'feel' high class enough. Could you say a bit more about why?

Size Colour : Ink Regular

Leather type : Buffalo

Approx. how many times you have really used your bag (rather than posed in the house) : about a week

How much you have put in it ; Liner with maybe 1kgs stuff like 2 pursed ,make up bag ,umbrella ,glasses and bits and bobs

Carried by strap or handle ; both
Good points - light weight and can be used both by hand and strap .

Bad points - Dont much like the lining ,should have had the suede and it sluches especially if carried by hand .Am not too fond of the straps on either side as it goes here and there if carried by hand

Score bag out of 10 - ...7/10

Kept or returned bag and why? ; kept it as it is one the the most lightest bag ,plus love the color and also the only slouchy bag i have ..lets say more casual.

Attachments

• Alexa 002.jpg
    Alexa 002.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,587
Thanks Uma

Could you say a bit more about what you mean when you say 'Am not too fond of the straps on either side as it goes here and there if carried by hand'?

Thanks Uma

Could you say a bit more about what you mean when you say 'Am not too fond of the straps on either side as it goes here and there if carried by hand'?

The two straps in front (not the long strap for shoulder ) seem to not stand straight ,unless you attach it to the popper ...something like the pic on the bag alexa is carrying .looks more messed up .

Size REGULAR

Colour BUTTER

Leather type BUFFALO

Approx. how many times you have really used your bag (rather than posed in the house)

How much you have put in it: See below! Interestingly, the regular size would hold more than I would ever need, but I prefer the look of the oversize!

photo-71.jpg

Carried by strap or handle: Would use more as shoulder and messenger

Good points - Modern, casual looking, slouchy style messenger

Bad points - It doesnt "feel" like a luxury bag - lining in particular is v cheap, and as discussed before, I really dislike the side rivets, as the leather is hard to pull away as it is an eyelet, and then the strap just flaps - it most definately should have been a buckle that matches the buckles on the front.

P1130020.jpg

Score bag out of 10 - 5

Kept or returned bag and why?: Returned this bag because of the colour

Im sorry, but I shouldnt be writing here, but OH MY GOD! I love that color... Why on earth would you return the bag? :graucho:

I am still very tempted by Alexa but some of the pics and comments are steering me away from her. I have started getting confused about who is happy and who is not. I would find it very helpful if owners could sum up their verdicts on the bag in one thread for comparison purposes. I would love to hear:

• Size
  • Colour
  • Leather type
  • Approx. how many times you have really used your bag (rather than posed in the house)
  • How much you have put in it
  • Carried by strap or handle
  • Good points - attach pics if add fresh info about bag
  • Bad points - add pics of problem if helpful
  • Score bag out of 10 - 1 being rubbish, 10 being the best bag ever!
  • Kept or returned bag and why?
Reg Ink Blue Alexa

Soft Buffalo Leather

Been using on and off since buying one week ago

Don`t really carry much when I carry this bag

Carry mostly across, and shoulder, only grab when I need to

I like this bag as its unlike any other Mulberry that I have and I have

never bought a messenger before and find it so easy.

Bad points - I leave a layer of tissue in the bottom of the bag :nuts:...if not

it loses all its shape

Have attached a couple of pictures, one with tissue in (you can see that

the bag "keeps more shape" this way) and one with my bits in with no

tissue

Attachments

• SDC11322.JPG
    SDC11322.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,769
  • SDC11323.JPG
    SDC11323.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,620
Last edited:
Thanks Taz - any chance of a pic to illustrate what the outside of the bag looks like when it is 'losing all its shape'? (It looks OK to me in both of your pics of the inside.)