Asking for too many favors... advice?

Or u can also tell her that you didn't quite get it and you need ur notes to study. It is also wrong to let her look at your paper, it's as good as cheating.

Other tha treating her with basic courtesy, you don't owe her anything!! As kindly as possible, just explain to her that you don't feel comfortable lending out your paper, and then just as nicely suggest that she buy herself a tape recorder to tape the professor, if she writes so slowly. Just say NO....

ITA! Good luck :smile:

Don't show her your paper!

And the next time she asks to see your notes using the 'it's so hard to keep up' excuse, tell her to get a little tape recorder for class.

There's a fine line between being helpful and being used. (And you know what? If she doesn't get a good grade then it's her own fault. You don't owe her anything.)

Just look out for you and your grades.

I totally agree with caitlin.. dont get her used to your kindness! she'll take advantage and keep asking for favors till u put an end to it.

You could always say that you already promised to borrow the notes to your friend or that you didn't really get it so you need them to study. As for the paper, I wouldn't let her read it either, but if you don't want to say it you could always make up bad excuse, like that your dog ate it ;) That should get the message across.

Don't show her your paper!

And the next time she asks to see your notes using the 'it's so hard to keep up' excuse, tell her to get a little tape recorder for class.

There's a fine line between being helpful and being used. (And you know what? If she doesn't get a good grade then it's her own fault. You don't owe her anything.)

Just look out for you and your grades.

I agree 100%.

And if you show her your paper and she gets an A then she has learned nothing and just piggybacked on your blood sweat and tears for your project.:hysteric:

She's preying on your kindness!

Okay, this woman plays on the sympathy of others. It's not your responsiblity to do her work for her. Just tell her you have enough to do with keeping up with your own workload and you just cannot afford the time to write notes for her. Tell her you're not going to give her your paper to "get an idea" since that is not helping her any. Say it politely, but firmly. Besides, the professor will see her's is a plagerism and fail her anyway...he's not stupid. If seating is not assigned, sit somewhere else and away from her from now on.
I hope this helps,
Kate

I am sorry you have to go through this! Please don't let her see your paper because I bet she is going to take some of your work, and make it seem as her. You have been really nice to her, so you shouldn't feel bad ok. Slowly say no, to her, and if she does give you an attitude ignore her. Maybe tell her what the others have told you, tell her to get a recorder!

JUST SAY NO! But be polite about it and don't make it into a big deal. Just tell her you got things to do and need to run. She should eventually get the hint. I agree with everyone who said that she's a moocher. People can only take advantage of you if you let them. Good luck!!! It's a fine line between helping someone and carrying the burden for them. Hang in there, sweetie!