Aside from the speedy, which canvas style LV bags were made with good quality ?

PlatinumS14

Mar 20, 2016
Which classic bag style or LV canvas style (monogram or ebene print) do you recommend that has overall good quality .... other than the speedy ?
I already have 2 speedy 30's.

Thank you !!!

It really depends how you use and store your canvas LVs. I have 3 canvas Speedys, 2 Neverfulls, a Métis hobo, and a Galliera PM, all MIF. No problems for me. I am generally careful using them, but never baby them. I've set them on floors (meeting rooms, church) and travelled with them, but I also rotate them and make sure I wipe each one clean before putting them away. My Speedy 25 is 11 years old and my Métis hobo is over a year old. The canvases feel different depending on the style of the bag, but they're all excellent quality.

Were you considering a purse in particular? :smile:

I feel the Retiro went above and beyond the quality. It's thick and gorgeous!

Also, the SLGs wins in quality as well. I've owned many versions wallets, pouches, coin purses...and most of them stay looking brand new the entire time I have them.

Any of them? My first thought is Neverfull. ***knock on wood*** other than chipping of LE painted SLG's and bag I have not had any canvas issues. Once I bought a preloved nf pm and took it in for repair because of crooked edge stitching and they replaced it for free. If your worried about quality buy an older preloved bag that has been really used and still in great shape. I personally think 2008 was a good year for canvas. Just my 2 cents. ;)

Which classic bag style or LV canvas style (monogram or ebene print) do you recommend that has overall good quality .... other than the speedy ?
I already have 2 speedy 30's.

Thank you !!!
Years ago, all of them. I have 20 year old LVs that have held up better than some more modern pieces.

Are you looking for an older, discontinued style or something from the current collection?

Sac plat~~

Seriously the most unique yet classic look of any bag I have seen~~

In love!!
A couple of months ago, I bought a pre loved Bass Macassar Messinger bag, excellent quality. Thick mono canvas, black leather sides and bottom look absolutely brand new, silver hardware shiny. I sold a Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Speedy 30 recently, and I noticed the hardware was turning and the canvas was so thin, almost felt crackly ? I also have a black Epi Vetical Lockit and that bag is excellent quality top to bottom !!! Overall, it's hard to beat the quality of LV imo !!!

I had my first Large Noe bag for over 25 years. The leather was still in excellent condition and not even very dark. I do take very good care of my bags. I then gave it to my best friend when I bought the Azur large Noe. I have had this for a few years with no problem. Never had any color transfer on my Azur bags. One thing I look for is a good sturdy strap in a bag and the Noe has that for me. I also bought a Petit Noe and it was Preowned but is really in excellent condition too.
I have had three Neverfulls and bought one when it was first released and had no problems with them.

I know I sound like a broken record... but here I go again: the thickness of the canvas has nothing to do with it being good or bad quality.
Louis Vuitton bags and accessories are made of different canvases selected for their individual properties (pliability, structure, etc) in order to best serve the design of the item.

I know I sound like a broken record... but here I go again: the thickness of the canvas has nothing to do with it being good or bad quality.
Louis Vuitton bags and accessories are made of different canvases selected for their individual properties (pliability, structure, etc) in order to best serve the design of the item.

I agree on the one hand but on the other hand it seems that the canvas has gotten thinner overall, which is particularly noticeable with speedies.