Asian Nose Job 3

Hey Guys! It's been 3.5 years since I've had my rhinoplasty and I'm still happy with it ^^ Though I'll be honest and say I now want a better one - we're never satisfied right? I keep seeing all these guys with beautiful structured (natural) noses and I wonder if the surgeon can do that. But then again, I don't want to risk it - my nose now is good. And I'm just afraid that if I get it done in korea and it messes up, I can't go back to my first nose job. Though it won't hurt to have a consultation :P I will go when I have the money.

Anyway here is my nose 3 years post op - I just cropped selfies I took. It's not so clear but gives you the general idea of the shape. I had a lateral osteotomy, tip augmentation with septal cartilage and ear cartilage, 2mm gortex bridge implant, and some other stuff I don't remember. The reason why i still want it is because it doesn't look at pointed and countered as it does in these photos (taken with flash). In real life my nose now looks good - almost identical to these photos, but when taking non-flash photos it still looks so fat. I was the tender age of 18 when I got it done so ignore my acne :P And now in April its mostly gone - just treating scarring now.

C4Q8TI5.jpg

FLmftZn.jpg

And here's a smiling side view I took - I really like it lol

rjgjwdB.png

By the way, who was your surgeon?

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member; I'm planning to go to Seoul in June for surgery. I've had a few online consultations and wanted to get your opinion.
I've been reading through a lot of the earlier posts, and there was a lot of discussion and positive reviews about VIP, but I don't see that many posts about VIP recently; are they still popular/ a good place to go to for rhinoplasty?
They recommended the harmony procedure to me, and the prices are very high which already is kind of dissuading me, but the price is not an issue if they are really that amazing. Beyond that, though, they also said that I should put down a $1000 deposit in order to secure a surgery date (at least 2 weeks in advance) because "Most of our international patients make the deposit to secure their surgery date prior to the in-person consultation," and they said there might not be an available spot for me after my consultation. I find this really pushy and unfair as an individual to not be able to have an in-person consultation with the doctor (and other clinics) before making a decision to go through with the surgery with them. And I've read that people don't need to put deposits down and pretty much always get a spot at least within the same week if not the two or three days after the consultation. Is this normal for them / is it something they started doing? Are they still worth going through with?

Reactions: Miso_
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member; I'm planning to go to Seoul in June for surgery. I've had a few online consultations and wanted to get your opinion.
I've been reading through a lot of the earlier posts, and there was a lot of discussion and positive reviews about VIP, but I don't see that many posts about VIP recently; are they still popular/ a good place to go to for rhinoplasty?
They recommended the harmony procedure to me, and the prices are very high which already is kind of dissuading me, but the price is not an issue if they are really that amazing. Beyond that, though, they also said that I should put down a $1000 deposit in order to secure a surgery date (at least 2 weeks in advance) because "Most of our international patients make the deposit to secure their surgery date prior to the in-person consultation," and they said there might not be an available spot for me after my consultation. I find this really pushy and unfair as an individual to not be able to have an in-person consultation with the doctor (and other clinics) before making a decision to go through with the surgery with them. And I've read that people don't need to put deposits down and pretty much always get a spot at least within the same week if not the two or three days after the consultation. Is this normal for them / is it something they started doing? Are they still worth going through with?

Nvm; I've been reading more through the forum, and I realized that what they're doing is not okay, and I should not feel pressured to put a deposit. Moreover, I'm less inclined to go with rib cartilage after researching the different methods more.

Looking for some advice regarding who to go to for my revision rhinoplasty. Basically, I have boiled it down to two options:

1) Dr Chuang of Wish Clinic (160000 NTD). He has recommended Gore-Tex as it is more customizable, but the downside is that there is a higher chance of infection (8-10% according to him). I have asked Dr Chuang about using rib instead, but he says still prefers Gore-Tex as rib cartilage might not provide sufficient augmentation.

2) Dr Chiu of Fabulous Clinic (180000 NTD). On the other hand, Dr Chiu recommends going with rib cartilage instead. Using an autologous material appeals to me due to the very low risk of infection, but I've seen posts here advising against using rib.

I've also consulted with Dr Kao and Dr Hsu, and they've both recommended rib cartilage. I would honestly love to go with Dr Kao, but he is so extremely expensive. Anyway, I'm personally leaning towards Dr Chuang because I get to avoid the recovery from a rib harvest, but the high risk of infection makes me rather hesitant. Also, Dr Chiu has some really amazing before and afters (http://www.fabulous-clinic.com/cases/720). Gah, if only it were easier to decide.

So yeah, for those who have more knowledge on nose jobs, any input as to which surgeon I should go with? Your advice will be very much appreciated! :smile:
HI,
can you please share us whom did you choose nad did you had your revision done and hows your result as i am planning chck taiwan to end of this year.

I also had a gore-tex implant for 5 years
I didn't exprience any shrinkage but I had a hump on my nose.
When the doctor removed the implant he had a hard time extracting it, because it was stuck to my tissue.
Now I have a big wrinkle on my nose bridge caused by the pulling.
The doctor didn't find any hump inside my nose, he suspects that it was from the implant I had.
My goretex implant is going on 10years now so I'm sure it's fused tight in there. I've never been happy about the results since I find that my nose is too tall and have been planning for revision. I'm really worried about the removal of it since I've heard that its difficult with a lot of possible complications. How did you deal with that wrinkle you got on your nose after your revision?

Hey guys, so I had a nose job 2 years ago and is really happy with the results. However, in certain angles, the nostril doesn't look even.
The implant also look obvious near the tip area. Is there a simple way to fix? Will I have to get a new implant?

Hi all,
about 10 years ago i bumped my nose and since that day i have a small bump on the side of my nose bridge ( 1 side only), if i touch it it even hurt a little.
i would like to have it removed because it bothers me a lot.
Would you know what the cost for this shaving would be in Bangkok?
For as i have read augmenting the bridge is much cheaper than shaving it down...

Thanks

I used to be silent but now I no longer am. I hope I serve some hope and justice for foreigners like us when doing plastic surgery in overseas.

5-6 years ago, I did a incision double eyelid surgery in Singapore Novena and it is not very good as the doctor did not do ptosis correction with the surgery together. My double eyelid look weak. I also did epicanthloplasty in Singapore at another clinic (Gleneagles) but the method was traditional so it leave some scarring.

I went Taiwan to do my first rhinoplasty with Dr Kao. He used to be with a hospital. Now he has his own clinic. He put ear cartilage in my nose tip. My nose tip doesn't look nice as I expected.

After 2 to 3 years, my nose start to droop so I decide to fly to Korea to do revisional eyelid and rhinoplasty again with Pitangui. Dr Yoo put a silicon in my nose bridge to balance my side profile and reduce my ear cartilage in my nose tip.

Now I am facing infection and extrusion of ear cartilage in the right side of my nose inside. My nose columella is also red. I am seeking online consultation and hope any of your experienced input can help me too! I have to go though research again as the few years research I have done before don't seem to be of use - those clinics are black listed or have negative reviews now.

I also hope my input can help all of the readers !

Reactions: caliRoll and J Cn