Asian horror movies

Don't worry, Sherry. The gore in Audition only takes up a few minutes. It will stay with you for a lifetime, though. :lol:

Lol, the PERFECT recipe! Thanks fabgrabs, it's next on my netflix queue now!

I'm also about to watch Cinderella and Reincarnation.. has anyone seen/heard anything about these?

Don't worry, Sherry. The gore in Audition only takes up a few minutes. It will stay with you for a lifetime, though. :lol:

I know!!! It is very, very psychological! When I first watched it, I didn't really think too much of it, but like a day later, I started to rethink the storyline and everything and it gave me goosebumps!!! It was just messed up!

yup that's the one... the real kicker is what follows toward the end of the movie. I cannot look at our vanity mirror without the lights on after that hahahahah

I know...these days whenever I get a neckache, my imagination runs wild.

Another freaky one is "Nang Nak" a thai Horror!

And 1 thing about Asian horror is like what everyone has mentioned, they don't rely on zombies and gore but instead its psychological or relies on old folks tale and it makes you think! I think that's the reason why whenever they remake an Asian horror movie, some Americans don't find the movies scary at all is because they are so used to seeing zombies and gore

i'm such a weenie when it comes to horror movies (i cover my eyes 90% of the time), but i'm so intrigued by asian horror. after seeing the american version of the ring, i wanted to watch the original....i couldn't make it past 20 min hahaha.

A lot of you guys say you loved Shutter, have you seen the directors' new movie "ALONE" -- I saw the premiere screening last year and it is SUPERB! It is one of the scariest films I have ever seen!

I've heard about this. They hired the same actress who did the haunting on the original version, right?

Yes, the actress' name is Iza Calzado. She did a superb job, her director fought for her to be retained on the remake.:supacool:

I have to agree about the use of psychological scare on Asian horror films. I've seen this film, "Tales of Japan" which just freaked me out and made me not want to go near to Japan:nuts: Kidding. But I think the location or the "Asian scenery" (if there's such a term)of where the story happens also adds to the scare factor.

I'm not also a big fan of gores by the way.

^^I saw Ju-On (the original version of the Grudge), but haven't seen the American remake.. I just wasn't that into it. :shrugs:

I do agree with everyone about Shutter, since seeing it on Sunday night! I recommend that one. :yes:

I have to agree about the use of psychological scare on Asian horror films. I've seen this film, "Tales of Japan" which just freaked me out and made me not want to go near to Japan:nuts: Kidding. But I think the location or the "Asian scenery" (if there's such a term)of where the story happens also adds to the scare factor.
Ooh, I've seen that at my local Blockbuster! Maybe we should rent that now.. I think we're lucky that people that work at our Blockbuster like Asian films, too, because they have a pretty good selection, whereas the one near my friends does not.

Okay I have added a lot of the movies here to my queue on blockbuster! :yes: DH is a huge fan of Asian horror films. I usually drive myself crazy when I wake up in the middle of the night to go pee and remember the scary movies :nuts:

I totally agree that most of the American remakes are so lame :tdown: One "remake" I did like, though not a horror film was The Departed though I liked Infernal Affairs a bit more. Love Tony Leung :upsidedown:

Yeah the remake of "the eye" was just so lame! or maybe jessica alba is just not a good actress?!?! hahahaaha!!

I saw "alone", IMO it was only borderline scary for me. and I kinda expected the ending would turn out that way.

I just saw another movie called "the doll master"....memories of "chucky" were conjured up!!!