Asian hair cut/styling help!

steph3n

Oct 1, 2006
Hey,this is my first post :smile:

Right now, my hair is very straight as most asian hair are, but I want to have a little change and I was wondering i should perm my hair? (my hair have been short for a few years now)

The pics down here show singers se7en and Rain, are those hair perm'ed and do they just have semi-long hair layered cut?
Thank you very much!
se7en_13.jpg

photo_15.jpg

No, don't perm your hair, you will ruin it!

If you want a little change, this may take some work, but in the end, you will be thankful that you didn't destroy your hair:

1.) Try braiding your hair while it is still wet and letting it dry with the braids in--you will have a nice wave when you take the braids out.
2.) Set your hair with curling sticks, then brushing your hair out so you get that wavy-ish look without the ringlets.
3.) if your hair is too short to do either, you can use moulding mud or bed hed and just really muss your hair up--you will get the same effect.

Ah - thanks for the info :yes:

i didn't know perming my hair would damage my hair...is it a chemical product or something?

because otherwise, how long does it takes to do all the curling stick and braids thing? I've never even touched one of those things :hysteric:

I agree with The Snorks don't perm your hair, you'll regret it at the end. My boyfriend has naturally curly hair and hates it...work with what you've got.:yes:

Hi, I'm an asian guy too. You can get your hair layered and then get a treatment while at it...it'll leave your hair much easier to style. you can PM me if you want me to recommend some products that i swear by...