Asian gals love Chanel

I don't think we should take polls.... The point of the tpf - Chanel forum is to embrace our love/desire of Chanel that transcends our race, creed and geographical locations. Our love for Chanel isn't even sex-related given the increasing number of men that are part of the forum.

Just my opinion....

ALL GIRLS LOVE CHANEL, in my view. i mean really - do you know many girls who would turn down the chance of a little flap? Rather enjoyed reading this thread - interesting to learn about different cultural aspirations and what have you. Someone said that they have observed some people 'drowning in labels', which I have also observed, but they are not exclusively Asian. In fact when I visit the CHANEL boutiques - every time - there are some beautifully dressed Japanese girls, I think they are Japanese. Really great fashion sense, I do not know how they can afford CHANEL at their age, but they look great in it. There are usually quite a few Arab ladies as well - and they tend to buy CHANEL bags, by the dozen. Honestly - they just HOOVER up the stock! Whilst when I go I just buy the one thing and that's it for the season.

Although I'm not Asian, I went shopping yesterday in London and honestly about 80-90% of the women in the shopping departments carrying Chanel and Hermes were Asian, and some really young. I was in awe at all these beautiful young ladies- so chic. But I got the feeling (hoping not to offend) as I lost count of the number of Asian women swamped in designer goods; Chanels/ Hermes/ designer flats (Chanel, Ferragamo, Tods etc), Lv scarves/ McQueen- I just got the impression that in Asian culture(not sure specifically where from) for women brands is very important?

yes I agree- you do see hordes of women 'swamped in designer labels' - they are not exclusively Asian though. With CHANEL you do come across the 'bag carrying the woman' phenomenon, quite a lot. What I mean is the look where the bag is so big and overwhelmingly shinny that you can no longer see the woman who is carrying it. In London that is not a good look, though I understand it might be considered acceptable elsewhere.

I don't like to stereotype, but this thread reminds me of the first time I went to visit Paris. I was across the street from the huge LV boutique on the Champs Elysees and two Japanese tourists came up to me and my sister to ask us to buy LV for them. Apparently there is a quota. Of course, I refused but it's hard to see a Southerner from America ask us to do the same thing.

I am Chinese, born in the States and pretty Americanized as I speak only English. I have friends who are Asian, Latino, Caucasian, and African American (I try to be PC on this site) and I can safely say all races and cultures love designer accessories, but I do think Asians are willing to spend a little more on designer accessories than others and probably enjoy them a bit more.

I don't like to stereotype, but this thread reminds me of the first time I went to visit Paris. I was across the street from the huge LV boutique on the Champs Elysees and two Japanese tourists came up to me and my sister to ask us to buy LV for them. Apparently there is a quota
This is actually a well known scam, I'm not positive what the details were but they were trying to rip you off, many people have reportedly had this done to them

This is actually a well known scam, I'm not positive what the details were but they were trying to rip you off, many people have reportedly had this done to them

From what I remember reading...

There is a quota on how many bags you can buy at LV and some people ask because they purchase many bags (its cheaper than in Asia and they buy for friends as well). Some ask because they want to purchase some bags to bring back and sell. And others because they want to bring back several of the originals as a template to make fakes. They usually give you cash on the spot to go in and purchase but regardless of why they want to buy the bags...LV has cameras outside and security will pull you aside and blacklist you if they find out that you are buying for someone else.

Everyone Loves Chanel :biggrin: :love:
I have noticed as well that the majority of Chanel modeling photos here on TPF are forum members of Asian decent (including myself). Everyone Loves Chanel, it just so happens that many Asian TPF members happen to share photos, therefore it seems like a lot of us. Remeber not every TPF member post photos. We have members from all over the world here and we all LOVE Chanel equally :smile:

In Response to:

iamsmilingelle
Asian gals love Chanel
Just a random thought on a boring work day- I notice that a lot if not most TPFers with hardcore Chanel collections or reveals are Asian. I am Asian too (and no, I have only 2 Chanel purses) . Is it a fact that more Asians are into Chanel purses than other people? If we Asian people stop buying Chanel bags, then Karl L. may stop increasing the price.

Can we start a count of how many Asian TPFers who are into Chanel please?

Last edited:
Am Asian & am currently staying in an asian country...& in all seriousness I feel out of place...why? cos i do not carry my chanel bags all the time...today was another example of what happens when I dressed in Bermudas, long sleeve linen top, carrying my Marc Jacobs/mulberry bag...

I was standing at the chanel beauty counter...when i arrive at the counter, although there was no customer, i received no assistance. i had to walked up to the chanel assistants to ask for help, it was given grudgingly...then a lady walked in carrying a maxi jumbo chanel stood playing with the products, by that time, all the assistants were occupied, and suddenly she yelled for assistance, you should have seen how fast the assistants jump to attention, the assistant who was 'assisting' me had lost interest as soon as the chanel bag lady came by & went to the chanel bag lady aid...said sales assistant never did come back...

i get no service when i am in the chanel boutique dressed in that similar manner...everything i asked to see is out of stock, whats in stock gets placed back onto the shelves before i can take a good look, or everything i asked to see is not available because its 'seasonal'...but i would check the tpf and see ladies having excess to the same models...

and honestly, i notice that there's a difference when i dress up - i need the full arsenal to get a reaction from the sales assistants here...i also notice the majority of ladies carrying chanel bags in the street...
Yeah, I noticed this in New York too. When I carry my chanel around, I get better treatment in high end stores.

Yeah, I noticed this in New York too. When I carry my chanel around, I get better treatment in high end stores.

Same here in California, Las Vegas and everywhere else I go. I was carrying an LV in the Chanel boutique at NM in Vegas...and the very rude SA just blew me off...and there were only two of us in the boutique. Last weekend I wore my Tumi messenger and Chanel shoes...and the Saks SA at the shoe department was extremely rude to me as well. Of course I don't get this treatment from my regular SAs.

But whenever I wear my Chanel bag (eventhough dressed in jeans, tee and $10 flip flops...though not sloppy looking)...suddenly I get all kinds of attention from the cosmetic counters, just walking through the store, I get SAs smiling at me from near and far...etc. It's obvious that buying power is determined by what's worn/carried. No matter, I just buy from the SAs I want to buy from and forget the rest.

I was reading all the analysis in this thread but I'm not feeling terribly analytical today. All I have to add here is... I'm Israeli (obviously not Asian) and I LOVE CHANEL...and I love Asians that love CHANEL :P

Ok I'm going to go back to sleep now :sleepy:

Last edited:
yes I agree- you do see hordes of women 'swamped in designer labels' - they are not exclusively Asian though. With CHANEL you do come across the 'bag carrying the woman' phenomenon, quite a lot. What I mean is the look where the bag is so big and overwhelmingly shinny that you can no longer see the woman who is carrying it. In London that is not a good look, though I understand it might be considered acceptable elsewhere.

Agreed.

I see this a lot as well. Especially with the Maxi & Jumbo.

ALL GIRLS LOVE CHANEL, in my view. i mean really - do you know many girls who would turn down the chance of a little flap? Rather enjoyed reading this thread - interesting to learn about different cultural aspirations and what have you. Someone said that they have observed some people 'drowning in labels', which I have also observed, but they are not exclusively Asian. In fact when I visit the CHANEL boutiques - every time - there are some beautifully dressed Japanese girls, I think they are Japanese. Really great fashion sense, I do not know how they can afford CHANEL at their age, but they look great in it. There are usually quite a few Arab ladies as well - and they tend to buy CHANEL bags, by the dozen. Honestly - they just HOOVER up the stock! Whilst when I go I just buy the one thing and that's it for the season.

so true about middle eastern women geeshh they buy by the bulk

i am asian, so, is the poll station open now?