Asian eyelid surgery

hey all,
just inquiring about the epi procedure... what do they actually do? just cut the corners of your eyes? I think there is medial for your inner eyes and lateral for your outter. I think the lateral epi would be right for me, but I'm still waiting on replies from some PS's.. Does anyone know the cost of this procedure at all? I would like my eyes HUGE, like dawn yangs. she has gorgeous big eyes!

eyes.jpg

those are my eyes

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

If I was you, I wouldn't do anything! You're eyes are amazing. The mongolian fold of your eyes are already very opened. You also have to concider that opening the mongolian fold will leave you with a scar around the corners of your eyes.

I wouldn't worry about the epi making scars. I scar easily & don't have noticeable scars on my epi from Dr. Kim. As long as you go to a skilled doctor & they do the Magic Epi or whatever they call it, I think you will ok :smile:

Hi Guys,
I think the pictures you guys posted look great. I didn't have to get the surgery done since I was born with double eyelids (is that what it's called?). I was just wondering if you guys have tips on how to put makeup on your new eyelids. I've searched Youtube plenty of times...and usually those girls DON'T have the double eyelid. HELP! BTW, I know a lot of people who have had the surgery done on their eyes. I heard it hurts like THERE'S NO TOMORROW...

I wouldn't worry about the epi making scars. I scar easily & don't have noticeable scars on my epi from Dr. Kim. As long as you go to a skilled doctor & they do the Magic Epi or whatever they call it, I think you will ok :smile:

do you have pictures of your eyes?i'm thinking of getting mine done but am debating whether to go to oz clinic or bk clinic coz bk clinic is rather costly

Hi there, I'm a 31 yr. old Korean woman needing of my asian double eyelid surgery revision I had done about 13 years ago. I live in Northern New Jersey now very close to Manhattan. I'm getting married this fall and would like this done asap to speed up the healing time. After 3 consultations with Edmund Kwan, Jeffrey Ahn & Eric Choe, I'm planning on getting it done by Dr. Eric Choe just because he seemed the most competent and talented.

I'm planning to book my surgery ASAP. This surgery scares the hell out of me with my wedding coming up....there is absolutely no room for mistakes! Just wanted to see if anyone's heard of him, had surgery performed by him, had any bad experiences, etc. and/or anyone else you can recommend in NY/NJ would be VERY helpful.

I think there's another one in NY/NJ named Chae In (have no idea how he would romanize his Korean name) but it sounds like that.

Thanks so much again and would very much appreciate any feedback!

Last edited:
As an Asian woman, I stumbled across this thread...I'm 23 and just started worrying about wrinkles, and although I think that it's completely up to you what you do with your body I think that anybody doing cosmetic surgery should take a look in the mirror tonight and really see how beautiful they are. Whether your thin or chubby, big eyes or small eyes, big calves or small calves...God created us all to be unique and all of us are already beautiful. It breaks my heart that we're so afraid of aging. Albeit, I'm already starting using anti-wrinkle cream to try and slow down the aging process - but I think it's best to try and age gracefully and accept that we're going to look older.

There will always be people plumping their lips with botox, liposuctioning their tricky spots, lifting, tucking, and all these things... but all those people should know that they are perfectly beautiful - just the way they are. Naturally. As long as you lead a healthy lifestyle you're good to go!

I suppose I sound a bit naive since I'm still fairly young and don't really know how I'll think 10 years from now but I remember from when I was 5 yrs old or so - I always thought my mom looked prettiest when she wasn't wearing make-up, and I still think so today.

I just want you all to remember that you're naturally beautiful.

[FONT=&quot]Hi all, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here are some pictures contributed by some of the gals on our 3rd Group Trip to BK Dongyang Plastic Surgery Clinic, and surgeries done By Dr Kim Byung Gun.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gal LL contribution on her before & after surgery on the 17th day :[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Before she have her surgery, she already have double eyelids but she find that her eyes doesn’t looks lively and also she is trouble with her bulbous tip nose.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The below pictures is contributed by her on her before & after surgery, and what she did is :[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]~Double Eyelids Surgery to higher the fold abit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]~Levator Muscle Correction to brighten the eyes (Dolly Eyes)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]~Nose Surgery on Alar Reduction: Procedure on resection of some tissues of soft tissue & alar cartilage.[/FONT]

B4Afterdoubleeyelidssurgerylevatorm.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Gal J contribution on her before & after surgery on the 14th day on our 3rd Group Trip to BK Dongyang Plastic Surgery Clinic, and surgeries done By Dr Kim Byung Gun.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She have a pair of big Eyes but with too many double eyelids crease and her have Ptosis on her both eyes that make her looks very tired all the time even she is not.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The below pictures is contributed by her on her before & after surgery, and what she did is :[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]~Double Eyelid Surgery to have 1 define crease[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]~Levator Muscle Correction to correct Ptosis[/FONT]

B4AfterEyesSurgeryPtosis.jpg