Ashy bit/leather drying out on my bag--recs?

I bet that we'll start seeing better more consistent leather soon. I know the SAs must be passing on our disappointments and requests to their managers they must be saying something to someone in corporate. I'm sure stores have complained, too, with all their unsold s/s 06 merchandise laying around. I'm predicting changes for the S/S 07 maybe even holiday 06. Well, I'm *hoping* for it at least. lol...

aaallabama said:
lol, and by the way, my brother-in-law's a firefighter, so if that bag's too hot to handle, just lemme know :P

LOL! I'm hoping it will be *sizzling* hot! LOL!!! hahahahahahaha! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: I can't believe I just wrote that! I'm such a dork.

Pupsterpurse said:
I bet that we'll start seeing better more consistent leather soon. I know the SAs must be passing on our disappointments and requests to their managers they must be saying something to someone in corporate. I'm sure stores have complained, too, with all their unsold s/s 06 merchandise laying around. I'm predicting changes for the S/S 07 maybe even holiday 06. Well, I'm *hoping* for it at least. lol...

Where is the, "From Your Lips to G*d's Ear" emoticon when I need one?

Let's all hope for the best.

pupster, i have no doubt the fire engine red be fabulous! that color has been very consistent. you told daphne to get one like mine? she doen't know me as "esile".:lol:

anyway, regarding the BNY policy... what if you had returned the first bag for credit or within the 10 days and got a refund? and bought another one, then would the strike resume or start over? i'm sorry for having to keep beating a dead horse, but i'm just trying to clarify... just incase.:shrugs:

esile said:
pupster, i have no doubt the fire engine red be fabulous! that color has been very consistent. you told daphne to get one like mine? she doen't know me as "esile".:lol:

anyway, regarding the BNY policy... what if you had returned the first bag for credit or within the 10 days and got a refund? and bought another one, then would the strike resume or start over? i'm sorry for having to keep beating a dead horse, but i'm just trying to clarify... just incase.:shrugs:

LOL! I thought Esile was your real name! lol! :roflmfao:

She told me you only get 2 returns/exchanges. So, if I had just returned the first one for store credit(unfortunately, they don't offer refunds), it would still count as my 1st "strike". Basically, you can only bring back something 2 times. After that, you are stuck with it. Although I know I won't mind being *stuck* with a gorgeous fire engine red like yours!:graucho:

Pupsterpurse said:
...She told me you only get 2 returns/exchanges. So, if I had just returned the first one for store credit(unfortunately, they don't offer refunds), it would still count as my 1st "strike". Basically, you can only bring back something 2 times. After that, you are stuck with it. Although I know I won't mind being *stuck* with a gorgeous fire engine red like yours!:graucho:

This policy would be understandable if there weren' t issues with the wild inconsistencies of the leather (especially this past year) and I cannot think of another high-end handbag manufacturer that is like this, i.e. where one is unable to count on quality, craftsmanship and beauty with the first time around purchase!

It's as if one has to play musical bags to get just the right one and for those who must buy their bags sight unseen; this can be frustrating, time consuming and pricey.

The piles of bags left over in the stores are indicative of the maniacal leather variations IMHO.

esile said:
no, it's my daughter's name backwards. :lol:
i'm really excited for you to get your PERFECT bag!

i completely agree with you, layla. :yes:

Thank you esile.

I was going to guess Elise was your name, regardless it's a beautiful name as I'm sure your daughter is as well. :smile:
I play Bookworm online, so I am used to reading things backwards. ;)

layla, i play that too.:lol: and sometimes i find myself writing my daughters name "esile" instead of "elise".:Push:

loren, layla is correct about vif. the 05 rouge has a blue undertone which makes it a bit darker and the new rouge vif (fire engine red) is a true red with no undertones.

layla said:
:lol: You do? Isn't Bookworm fun? I just got my highest score yesterday 2,287,560. :nuts:

so addictive! but not as addictive as bbags!:lol:
better get back on topic, before our new sub mods (mims;) and helen) get us.:flowers: :back2topic: