Ash Jalouse Boots Sizing Query

Rachael25

O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
Hi ladies

Quick question for those that have the Ash Jalouse boots. Do you find sizing is big? I'm normally a UK7 but they seem to be slipping off my heels even with an insole. Also not sure if they look too big and 'baggy' around the ankle. UK6 are a little tight but not sure if they will give over time - any advice/opinions greatly received.

Thank you x

Hi Rachael. I think the Jalouse run true to size in my estimation, but they do give a little after a while. If you go a size down you risk your toes showing as the suede stretches.

I'm a UK 7.5-8 (depending on brand) and I wear 41 in the Jalouse. I wouldn't have been able to get the 40 on my feet. Hope that helps.

I own 3 pairs (went a bit crazy last winter) and I love them. They will last me this winter too. Just be aware that the lighter colours do show wear quite quickly if you wear them every day, but they are meant to have a distressed look. I wore them most days last autumn/winter.

The Ash trainers run big - I have the Virgin Nappa Wax in a 41 and they are a bit big for me. People do say 'Ash runs big' but I think this really applies to the trainers, I have not found the same to be true for the Jalouse boots.

Attachments

• jalouse.JPG
    jalouse.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,405
Hi Rachael. I think the Jalouse run true to size in my estimation, but they do give a little after a while. If you go a size down you risk your toes showing as the suede stretches.

I'm a UK 7.5-8 (depending on brand) and I wear 41 in the Jalouse. I wouldn't have been able to get the 40 on my feet. Hope that helps.

I own 3 pairs (went a bit crazy last winter) and I love them. They will last me this winter too. Just be aware that the lighter colours do show wear quite quickly if you wear them every day, but they are meant to have a distressed look. I wore them most days last autumn/winter.

The Ash trainers run big - I have the Virgin Nappa Wax in a 41 and they are a bit big for me. People do say 'Ash runs big' but I think this really applies to the trainers, I have not found the same to be true for the Jalouse boots.
Hi and thank you for your reply!

Can you tell me if they're supposed to be a bit 'loose' around the ankle? As in, not tight to your ankle? Do you wear socks with them?

Which colours do you have? I've ordered the wood ash and the topo. I'm actually thinking of keeping them both, although I may exchange the topo for the taupe. Is the taupe a lot lighter than topo? Is that the taupe in your picture?

Sorry for all the questions :smile:

Hi and thank you for your reply!

Can you tell me if they're supposed to be a bit 'loose' around the ankle? As in, not tight to your ankle? Do you wear socks with them?

Which colours do you have? I've ordered the wood ash and the topo. I'm actually thinking of keeping them both, although I may exchange the topo for the taupe. Is the taupe a lot lighter than topo? Is that the taupe in your picture?

Sorry for all the questions :smile:

I have 2x taupe (I got paranoid they would sell out so bought the second pair as a backup) and 1xblack. I bought the wood ash too but didn't like the colour!

This had me confused as well but I believe topo and taupe are the same colour, Ash are an Italian brand and 'topo' is Italian for taupe....

It's the taupe in my picture. They are loose around my ankles, they are meant to be like that. They stay on my feet though as they fit perfectly around my heel.

I agree that they are TTS. I used to have them in US size 9, which is my typical size for closed-toe shoes. And yes, they should definitely be loose around the ankle. They are a very cute bootie! I would have kept mine if I had more occasion to wear them.

I think I'll order the taupe tomorrow and compare them to the topo that I've already got and make a decision from there.

Have tried the size 6 on again and it's a struggle to actually get it on my foot so will probably go with the size 7 and wear an insole, as I do with some of my other shoes.

Have been looking at these boots for a while now and am looking forward to wearing them, I think they look great with jeans and I think I'll get a lot of wear from them.

One last question - how do they hold up in the rain??!!

I think I'll order the taupe tomorrow and compare them to the topo that I've already got and make a decision from there.

Have tried the size 6 on again and it's a struggle to actually get it on my foot so will probably go with the size 7 and wear an insole, as I do with some of my other shoes.

Have been looking at these boots for a while now and am looking forward to wearing them, I think they look great with jeans and I think I'll get a lot of wear from them.

One last question - how do they hold up in the rain??!!

I think the general advice is not to wear suede in the rain. Perhaps spray them with waterproofing spray and use a suede brush if you do wear them in the rain.

I think the general advice is not to wear suede in the rain. Perhaps spray them with waterproofing spray and use a suede brush if you do wear them in the rain.
Thanks for that. Although I wouldn't necessarily wear them in the rain it rains a lot where I live (north west England) so can often get caught out!

Have ordered the taupe, they will come tomorrow then hopefully I can make a decision!

Will keep you posted, thanks again for the help x

Thanks for that. Although I wouldn't necessarily wear them in the rain it rains a lot where I live (north west England) so can often get caught out!

Have ordered the taupe, they will come tomorrow then hopefully I can make a decision!

Will keep you posted, thanks again for the help x

I am in the North West UK too so completely understand what you mean

I did wear mine in the rain. Light rain was fine, heavier rain did wet them through.

I cleaned them using my Ugg cleaning kit, and sprayed them with the waterproof spray too, made a difference

Just a quick update, I have received the taupe boots in size 6 and 7 and have decided to keep the 7.

I originally ordered the 7 in wood ash and topo. They felt quite big so I reordered from the same website in a size 6. Couldn't get the size 6 wood ash on my foot, could get the topo on but toes were right to the end. Also, the topo in size 6 was a different colour to the topo size 7!

After posting on here I decided to order the taupe in a size 6 and 7 from another site. Again, can't get the size 6 on, size 7 is perfect. Feels a lot better than the wood ash and topo size 7's which were actually slipping off my heel.

The taupe is perfect, an all round great neutral colour and am looking forward to wearing my new boots - at last!

Thank you for all the advice, now all I need to do is return the other 5 pairs of unwanted boots that I'm sitting looking at...........