Arty's Shoe Repair NY

I just got my box back and the shoes look all perfect with the red vibram soles!!!

Arty was definitely a pleasure to work with and I will post pics ASAP--been terribly busy with errands

But I would highly recommend him, hes very good at returning calls and organizing the whole shipping me back my shoes thing, etc...

Let him know Cory sent ya!! He'll remember me, I think he was still amazed I sent in 8 pairs first time heehee

calisnoopy - I'm curious to know how well he fixed the heel that was damaged from the sidewalk metal grate. If you can post a pic of that, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Cory,
Did you have to pay for the return shipping from Arty's or was he willing to use your bf's fedex account? DH has a fedex account as well, so it'll be alot cheaper if he's willing to ship it back with my fedex account.

Here are the pics...he painted black lining around some of the outer parts of the pads...not sure why but it still looks great to me =)

DSC02103.JPG

DSC02105.JPG

DSC02106.JPG

DSC02107.JPG

DSC02109.JPG

The heel pic I couldnt capture totally well, its not 100% fixed but looks a lot better than it did before with the leather bunched up and kinda sticking out if that makes sense

calisnoopy - I'm curious to know how well he fixed the heel that was damaged from the sidewalk metal grate. If you can post a pic of that, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I posted a pic--hope it helps some...

Cory I am looking forward to see Arty's work too... I am still very worried..
btw did you insure the shoes when shipping?

yes i insured them...cost me 23 usd with fedex and took 2 days to get there from DC to NY

Cory,
Did you have to pay for the return shipping from Arty's or was he willing to use your bf's fedex account? DH has a fedex account as well, so it'll be alot cheaper if he's willing to ship it back with my fedex account.

he used UPS ground and it took like 3 days to get back to me...but it only cost 20 usd around too...and im not sure about fedex accounts...you may wanna ask him?

Do you think Arty would be willing to share where he ordered the red soles from so that we can share this with our local cobblers?

im not sure about this...haha...maybe try calling and ask?

They all look great and I assume he painted the edges black because he thought you would not want the red edging showing, although that must be down to personal preference.

What I find interesting is the way different cobblers apply or finish off the soles. Arty looks to have cut the rear edge into the arch so as the leave a flush interface, This obviously means removing some of the original leather at that point. As leather is stronger than rubber, the strength at that point must be slightly weakened, although I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

When I gave my cobbler a pair of my soles to fit to Karen's shoes he did not cut them in flush but tapered the edges of the rubber on all sides. He also left the red edges visible, which my wife prefers. Obviously, he would have painted them if we had requested.

The pics show the different approaches taken.

Attachments

• Repired 2.JPG
    Repired 2.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 693
  • Repair Side 2.JPG
    Repair Side 2.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 572
  • Repair Zoom.JPG
    Repair Zoom.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 550
  • DSC02105.JPG
    DSC02105.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 579
OMG! i just found out about this guy. where in nyc is he, does anyone know? i need to take my shoes asap. my soles are so worn out from wearing them all the time! this is such great news, it totally made my night:tup:

^^^ Amazing what you find on Google ;)

Arty's Shoe Service 243 8th Ave
New York, NY 10011
Phone: (212) 255-1451

I'm taking my beloved Lanvin ballet flats into Arty's on Thursday so will let you all know how those turn out too, be interesting to see how his work is on something with such a thin sole

Hello...I am bringing 6 pairs of Christian Louboutin brand new flats, and wedges that I have bought throughout the winter that I haven't worn yet. I was told to go to Arty's and get them resoled in the red rubber. The shoes that I have would need a complete red bottom. They aren't heels where you would only have part of the sole done. Do you recommend me getting them done before I wear them, and do you have pictures of his work (CL's)? I am also bring in 2 pairs of Lanvin ballet flats...Do you recommend bringing Lanvin shoes there? I do a lot of shoe buying in the NYC winter months...I find the winter very depressing, and retail therapy is easy in the big city!
Thanks so much! He has the soles on hold for me...I guess he is so busy...but I don't think he understood when I told him that they weren't regular heels...They are all flats and platform shoes..I really appreciate your advise on this!
Regards,
Heather

Hello...I am bringing 6 pairs of Christian Louboutin brand new flats, and wedges that I have bought throughout the winter that I haven't worn yet. I was told to go to Arty's and get them resoled in the red rubber. The shoes that I have would need a complete red bottom. They aren't heels where you would only have part of the sole done. Do you recommend me getting them done before I wear them, and do you have pictures of his work (CL's)? I am also bring in 2 pairs of Lanvin ballet flats...Do you recommend bringing Lanvin shoes there? I do a lot of shoe buying in the NYC winter months...I find the winter very depressing, and retail therapy is easy in the big city!
Thanks so much! He has the soles on hold for me...I guess he is so busy...but I don't think he understood when I told him that they weren't regular heels...They are all flats and platform shoes..I really appreciate your advise on this!
Regards,
Heather

Hi,
What is the total length of each sole you need?

Do you think they would answer that question if I was to call them before going there? It is a hassle for me to go there...especially to find parking...when you have gone to Arty's, do they leave the shoe in perfect condition? I have brought my other shoes to a so called amazing person in Brooklyn Heights and they made my shoes a little dirty when resoling them...
Thanks for your help!
Heather