Artsy- why you love it or not like it?

Apr 24, 2017
I've heard pros and cons on the Artsy. I'm looking at the Artsy Mono, but I'm afraid of the handle being too hard and uncomfortable. I use my Neverfull gm everyday, so I like bigger bags. Some have said the handle on the new Artsy bag is not as bad. I am torn on whether it's worth ordering this bag since I do not have a store nearby. Would love to hear from Artsy owners what your pros and cons are about this bag. Thank you!

I have empriente artsy. It's heavy but my favorite bag by far.
Biggest reason I've never and never will buy another artsy is the small opening on the top of the bag. Hard to get things in and out of it. Especially hard to get use to after using neverfull that is easy to have on shoulder and get things out of it.

I'm so Pro by this bag.
Simple and elegant. Nothing traditional about being lady like. More of a uprise representing of a simple carefree modern women.
My mother and I found it very comfortable when the leather is extremely broken in.

I have the Artsy in DA and mono, love them. I find all the interior pockets handy. I have the older handle which has developed a nice drop with the help of summer heat. I'll carry it either down low hanging from my elbow, or on my shoulder kinda pushed behind me. I don't carry much so the weight doesn't bother my shoulder. If I fill it up I'll just carry it by hand or on my elbow. Hope that helps. Good luck deciding.

I have had my artsy for 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it! I've carried my NF GM for the past few months and wanted something different. The size, the pockets inside and the braided handle are the reasons I wanted it. A no regret purchase. I carry it on my shoulder and crook of my arm, it's very comfortable to me!

I think it's worth a try. I was skeptical too from all I heard about it but so glad I got it!

Reactions: Sferics
I have the Artsy Empreinte. I love it. It's comfortable. The handle is beautiful. I am looking to purchase the mono in GM but they only have MM now.

I have a mono artsy. LOVE LOVE LOVE. it was my first Louis and by far my favorite. The handle is not stiff at all. Tons of room inside. The bag is beautiful and I always get compliments. U live once. Go big or go home!

I have 3 Artsys. I adore this bag! The leather is a bit heavier, but also gorgeous and I find that the handle became comfortable more quickly. My two canvas versions are also just great bags. I had considered selling the Mono version at one point and am SO glad I didn't. I would have ended up buying it again! I just love the way the vachetta leather looks against the Monogram pattern. I carry the bag in the crook of my arm, sometimes by hand, but also on my shoulder. I just fold the opening closed. The handles wear in over time and become more comfortable. Definitely worth it!

Thank you to each one of you who commented and gave me great advice! I have decided to buy the Artsy and will order it tomorrow just in time for my birthday this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the bag in person! Thank you! :smile:

Reactions: OCMomof3
I love the Artsy. I have the mono MM and noir empreinte and I love them both. The mono is very lightweight. The handle softens over time and is not high maintenance at all. The empreinte is somewhat heavy as it is full leather and is a large bag. It is fairly care free too given the grained leather. I am careful with the base and the corners though.