Artsy or Galliera

debbie111

Nov 27, 2011
Please share your opinion. Artsy monogram or Galliera monogram. I currently have Sistina GM Damier and Eva clutch in monogram. I have Artsy on hold for Monday. I would like casual monogram purse. Thanks!

Both are gorgeous bags but I personally liked the Galliera more when I tried it on in the store. I noticed the Artsy's handle hurts at first but heard from others that it softens after a few weeks, but I fell in love with the Galliera the moment I put it on. It was so beautiful and comfortable, and the slouch is so gorgeous; I also love the way the light hits the canvas and the vachetta and of course the plaque. *dreamy sigh* I love that it's perfect for everyday and I can wear it casually and formally, however I feel the Artsy looks a little more sophisticated/dressy. As a casual person, it didn't suit my style very much. I say buy whichever you like more.

Good luck, can't wait to see your reveal. Both are beautiful bags. :love:

Mrs. JC

Thank you for your opinion! That's exactly how I feel about these 2 purses. My Sistina GM is structured and more formal. I just wish for a casual mono purse. I am almost 6 ft tall. In Artsy I would still do the smaller MM. But I like Galliera as well.

I have both bags so I love them both.
The Artsy is a little more structured/a little more formal ---it looks great dressed up or dressed down. The GM holds alot too. I am saving up and thinking of buying the MM to force myself to downsize because I carry way too much stuff.

The Galleria is a little less structured, it seems to hold more. It also smooshes down more than the artsy which may make it a more casual bag. I use both for work so the smoosh effect doesn't bother me but this is just my honest opinion.

If you need a bag that is good for both dressing up or dressing down, i say go for the Artsy now and try to find a preloved Galleria so you can have both styles

They are both great bags and which ever you choose, I'm sure will look wonderful on you so good luck with your decision.

Zoe, thanks a lot for you detailed experience and opinion. I really appreciate it!!! I think I like the design of Artsy better. But Galliera is probably more comfortable. Both are beautiful!