Artsy handles with Ripples??

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
Pa
Hmmm, My artsy is only a few weeks old, and it doesn't have bumpy ripples like that, but the underside is really wrinkly! Seeing how smooth the underside of your handle is kind of surprised me!

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
trumanfinn said:
Hmmm, My artsy is only a few weeks old, and it doesn't have bumpy ripples like that, but the underside is really wrinkly! Seeing how smooth the underside of your handle is kind of surprised me!
Hi,
This is not my Artsy, it belongs to my cousin. To my knowledge she bought it from the store in May..I don't own one as of yet but I thought it looked funny so I asked if I could snap a pic so I can get more info.
Thx

cherrifoam

O.G.
Sep 4, 2010
NY
thats weird, i am not sure. maybe it has to do with the place that she holds it on her shoulder............. I have the leather one so its different. mine is wrinkley underneath but no bubbles

znzngo

O.G.
Sep 14, 2010
I've had mine for over a year and a half and no bumpy bubbles...it does however have a little lines underneath the handles just like the speedy does! Have your cousin bring it back ASAP to have them evaluate...she might be able to exchange it!

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
***UPDATE*** just left LV with my cousin and they said its the way she hangs the bag to cause this ripple. They can replace the handle and rings for 195.00. Not a bad price at all!! So all Artsy owners be careful how and what you may hang your bag on.

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
Pa
$195 is a great price for a new handle, though! It's the only vachetta on the bag, so buying a cheaper used one and having the handle replaced could save folks a lot of money!

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
trumanfinn said:
$195 is a great price for a new handle, though! It's the only vachetta on the bag, so buying a cheaper used one and having the handle replaced could save folks a lot of money!
This is true! My coworker decided to go this route.