Artsy Handle Question/Advice

Oh wow...had no idea. I just took a look at coach and now I'm eyeballing the rose tweed one for the mono, and the ikat one for the da artsy...hmm. Thanks for letting me know! I'm looking forward to the new LV comic bandeau coming out aug 1st.

My artsy has been to Vegas, Maui, and Puerto Rico (even got left behind on a bag that wasn't supposed to be checked but I accidentally checked it lol) and I haven't had any issues. My handle is just fine. I didn't spray or wrap.

Here's a vid if you feel more comfortable wrapping.

http://youtu.be/m-UTyRcTMUo

Thank you very much I will watch the video. Yeah not to keen on treating my vechetta - have not on any of my other bags. I just do not want to worry about it because it's new.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I agreed! I think the Artsy handle is so gorgeous that it should be left able. If you're afraid of getting the handle dirty, go for the Empreinte version in the darker colors.
If you really want honesty. Yes coach on LV is tacky.
I know some will think I should keep my comments to myself but you did ask..
But that's just my opinion and the only opinion that counts is yours! :biggrin:

I use Apple Guard Stain and Rain Repellent on the vachetta. I have been caught in the rain, and no rain spots. I have sprayed the handles and vachetta trim twice since I purchased my speedy in December 2013. I carry her often, and June has been a very rainy month where I live, and she still looks great!!! Enjoy your beautiful bag!!!

Do you find that the patina process has been affected at all after applying Apple Guard?

...but if it's wrapped around and you don't really see the name or pattern, does it still matter? Part of me would agree with you, but if it's not really obvious and noticeable does it make a diff if one can't tell what brand it is for practical purposes. Not trying to start an argument, just curious as I've thought of this myself. All the scarf is doing is protecting the bag handle. I imagine if it was for adornment then it would matter that the logo shows on the scarf. But then it just becomes a case of pride and not logic or practicality. I guess it just depends on the user of the bag/scarf....whether one is a brand mixer or not. While I am not, I do use a non brand scarf I have as it is long, looks nice, and serves it's purpose of protecting the handle when needed (mostly in its earlier days).

I agreed! I think the Artsy handle is so gorgeous that it should be left able. If you're afraid of getting the handle dirty, go for the Empreinte version in the darker colors.

As I stated above this is for the plane ride and nothing more. I do not cover any of my other bags in fear of the vachetta. This is strictly so I do not have to worry about it on the plane.

Hello Ladies!

First I want to thank you all for helping me with my last purchase decision for the Artsy Mono. Also thank so much for your wonderful compliments - you all know how to make a women feel good! I have fell in love with the bag more by the day, well it has only been one day really. Took her out yesterday while I ran some errands and a little shopping. I admit if I was having a full day of that I would definitely take a one of my other shoulder bags. But love Artsy none the less.

But I have a question regarding the handle. I really want to take Artsy on vacation with me but worried to death about ruining the handle because it is so new. I am thinking about purchasing a Python Coach Bandeau to wrap around the handle. The Coach Bandeau is like 38 bucks vs the LV Bandeau which is 165 - not to mention the LV one I would like is sold out and not willing to just buy any LV Bandeau - prefer to get the one I want. So Coach bandeau tacky?? Really want it for the airport/plane ride will probably take off when I get to my destination or maybe not. I am planning on taking both my pouchette accessories inside the Artsy along with other carry on stuff - the Artsy seems to have the most room inside. I do have a Totally MM DE I probably should take instead but so want to take the Artsy.

What do you think here about the Bandeau on the handle? And also is there some where I could see how to wrap on the Artsy handle?

Thank you all in advance for any help/opinion you provide. Love this forum!!

My vote is to allow the pretty handle to be admired sans bandeau. Good luck! :smile:

...but if it's wrapped around and you don't really see the name or pattern, does it still matter? Part of me would agree with you, but if it's not really obvious and noticeable does it make a diff if one can't tell what brand it is for practical purposes. Not trying to start an argument, just curious as I've thought of this myself. All the scarf is doing is protecting the bag handle. I imagine if it was for adornment then it would matter that the logo shows on the scarf. But then it just becomes a case of pride and not logic or practicality. I guess it just depends on the user of the bag/scarf....whether one is a brand mixer or not. While I am not, I do use a non brand scarf I have as it is long, looks nice, and serves it's purpose of protecting the handle when needed (mostly in its earlier days).

It's all good Misschiff - the bandeau I am using has no logos on it and I specifically picked that one because of that. I am using it to protect my handle when I go on the plane as I actually stated in the initial post. I was asking for opinions and as always have to be prepared for this. An opinion is an opinion and I never take it personal as we are individuals with our own thoughts. It's nice to hear what people have to say. Again dear I thank you for all your advice here and great idea!

As I stated above this is for the plane ride and nothing more. I do not cover any of my other bags in fear of the vachetta. This is strictly so I do not have to worry about it on the plane.

I'm curious. If you are the one handling the bag, what could possibly harm the handle on the plane? When I do carry my bag on the plane no one ever touches it but me. I put my bag under the seat until take off and then it's in my lap the rest of the way or I just leave it under the seat. I really think you are worrying for nothing. Focus on your lovely trip and enjoy! Artsy is really like a Megan Fox; absolutely beautiful but is a tomboy at heart lol.

Contrary to popular belief the handle really is not that fragile. Believe me when I say I don't baby my bags but I'm not harsh on them either. My patina is very even.
I'm literally on the plane at LEAST once a month or every other month.

Here's artsy watching the game in the way to Vegas lol ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404139079.479151.jpg

I'm curious. If you are the one handling the bag, what could possibly harm the handle on the plane? When I do carry my bag on the plane no one ever touches it but me. I put my bag under the seat until take off and then it's in my lap the rest of the way or I just leave it under the seat. I really think you are worrying for nothing. Focus on your lovely trip and enjoy! Artsy is really like a Megan Fox; absolutely beautiful but is a tomboy at heart lol.

Contrary to popular belief the handle really is not that fragile. Believe me when I say I don't baby my bags but I'm not harsh on them either. My patina is very even.
I'm literally on the plane at LEAST once a month or every other month.

Here's artsy watching the game in the way to Vegas lol View attachment 2670962

No no I am just a little worried because it is brand spanking new. If I have already had it months I would not be a spaz about it. I hear what you are saying. . . It's not like I do not have other bags with vachetta. This one is just new. . .and usually take my DE when I travel. But the Artsy is just too beautiful to leave home this time.