artst shoulder strap, comfy or not?

• once broken in, this bag is comfy to carry

• even broken in, the strap is still uncomfortable

Results are only viewable after voting.

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
hi all,
my latest obsession is the artsy. i will be able to try one on soon, but have read so many different views about the shoulder strap. i thought maybe a poll would help me to see whether the majority found this bag to be comfy or not. i am worried about not being able to tell in the store, because the handle is new and i know it requires breaking in. sooooo, let's see how the numbers work out. would appreciate hearing from all artsy owners, past and present. thanks!

oops, spelled artsy wrong in poll, how to fix??

Last edited:
I bought my Artsy when it first came out! I have to admit, it was very uncomfortable when I first got her! I'm glad I gave it a chance bec. after broken in, it does get comfy!

I bought a preloved artsy that was like new so not broken in yet..Wore it shopping all day Saturday and it was comfortable to me....I love all the pockets inside and fit fine under my arm as well....I would recommend this bag!

I am getting this bag and have heard the same thing. It is so beautiful and artsy....forgive the pun. The canvas is also my question...cracking concerns me.
i know, i have read about the top cracking due to antiperspirant?? my other big concern is strap drop. is it just too short? i plan to try it on in the store, but again, can't really tell when it's new.

I would love what Artsy owners have to say in this thread too.
I used to have the Artsy on my wishlist...removed it for a while.
But I can't stop thinking about it, so it is back on my wishlist for the year...

I have the azur artsy and the Empriente which is very comfy. As for the azur artsy, it was uncomfortable at first but after breaking in I find it to be comfortable. I don't have a problem carrying it. It's a fantastic bag. Very organized inside and the handle is beautiful.

To break it in without wearing it - hang it up with stuff inside (white towel under the handle).

I have the azur artsy and the Empriente which is very comfy. As for the azur artsy, it was uncomfortable at first but after breaking in I find it to be comfortable. I don't have a problem carrying it. It's a fantastic bag. Very organized inside and the handle is beautiful.

To break it in without wearing it - hang it up with stuff inside (white towel under the handle).

I have a Mono Arsty MM and I love her! I highly recommend the breaking in process mentioned above! That's what I did for three days and my was comfy right away!

i know, i have read about the top cracking due to antiperspirant?? my other big concern is strap drop. is it just too short? i plan to try it on in the store, but again, can't really tell when it's new.

Strap drop is short. I wore a heavy jacket over the weekend and could not use it. Would not fit comfortably on my shoulder.
I have wore it with a light jacket no problem.
But that would not keep me from buying it.
It's a gorgeous bag and I LOVE all the pockets on the inside.
So far that is the only negative I have come across is not being able to wear a heavy jacket. But that's no big deal to me, I live in Southern California :biggrin:

Handle will soften.. Its a great bag! I have the mono and just got emp terre this xmas and love them both! The emp is a hit heavier compared to the mono.. But the handle is softer than the mono.. HTH

I will try to help you out here if I can. I have owned (and sold) several Artsy's over the last year. Mono, Azur and Empriente. The Empriente was by far the most comfortable as far as the handle goes, but it was way too heavy for me to carry on even short errands. I bought both the mono and azur brand new, hung them over a doorknob for about 2 weeks fully loaded in order to break in the handle faster. Did it work? I'm not really sure...the handle was definately more comfortable after that breaking in period, but still not comfy enough for me to carry the bag on my shoulder for a full day of errands/shopping. I usually carry my wallet, small cosmetic bag, checkbook and small agenda...not alot by any means, yet the bag still was hard on the shoulder. Carrying it in the crook of my arm was no problem. Another thing that bothered me about Artsy was the way the base sticks out under your arm, and you have to push the top down or else it jabs you in the armpit. Its not what I'd consider a "throw and go" bag. That being said, it is very gorgeous and relatively lightweight compared to some other bags. I rotate my bags VERY frequently, changing perhaps 2-3 a week, so truthfully I never really gave Artsy a chance to break in properly. I went back to LV just the other day and purchased my fourth! A mono. My SA instructed me to make sure I give her a chance this time to let the bag break in and then it will slouch and lay beautifully. She went into the back and brought out her Artsy which is 2 years old...OMG! It was gorgeous! Perfectly arched handle, soft, slouchy canvas...no rubbing in the armpit and even the base had relaxed enough where it wasnt making my arm stick out so much. But she has used her Artsy everyday for the last 2 years! I know theres no way I can use the same bag that long, but she said it takes AT LEAST 6 months of continuous use for the handle to soften and break in and the canvas to relax. Hope this helps your decision!!