artsy, comfy or not??

artst shoulder strap, comfy or not?

• once broken in, this bag is comfy to carry

• even broken in, the strap is still uncomfortable

Results are only viewable after voting.
Strap drop is short. I wore a heavy jacket over the weekend and could not use it. Would not fit comfortably on my shoulder.
I have wore it with a light jacket no problem.
But that would not keep me from buying it.
It's a gorgeous bag and I LOVE all the pockets on the inside.
So far that is the only negative I have come across is not being able to wear a heavy jacket. But that's no big deal to me, I live in Southern California :biggrin:

Yes - i definitely agree with this. I can't really use Artsy in the winter with coats. I have to carry the artsy in the crooks of my arm during the season where I wear more clothes. I definitely will use this more during the 360 days when we have good weather. :biggrin:

Yes - i definitely agree with this. I can't really use Artsy in the winter with coats. I have to carry the artsy in the crooks of my arm during the season where I wear more clothes. I definitely will use this more during the 360 days when we have good weather. :biggrin:
lol, i'm jealous of the weather and the artsy now!

I will try to help you out here if I can. I have owned (and sold) several Artsy's over the last year. Mono, Azur and Empriente. The Empriente was by far the most comfortable as far as the handle goes, but it was way too heavy for me to carry on even short errands. I bought both the mono and azur brand new, hung them over a doorknob for about 2 weeks fully loaded in order to break in the handle faster. Did it work? I'm not really sure...the handle was definately more comfortable after that breaking in period, but still not comfy enough for me to carry the bag on my shoulder for a full day of errands/shopping. I usually carry my wallet, small cosmetic bag, checkbook and small agenda...not alot by any means, yet the bag still was hard on the shoulder. Carrying it in the crook of my arm was no problem. Another thing that bothered me about Artsy was the way the base sticks out under your arm, and you have to push the top down or else it jabs you in the armpit. Its not what I'd consider a "throw and go" bag. That being said, it is very gorgeous and relatively lightweight compared to some other bags. I rotate my bags VERY frequently, changing perhaps 2-3 a week, so truthfully I never really gave Artsy a chance to break in properly. I went back to LV just the other day and purchased my fourth! A mono. My SA instructed me to make sure I give her a chance this time to let the bag break in and then it will slouch and lay beautifully. She went into the back and brought out her Artsy which is 2 years old...OMG! It was gorgeous! Perfectly arched handle, soft, slouchy canvas...no rubbing in the armpit and even the base had relaxed enough where it wasnt making my arm stick out so much. But she has used her Artsy everyday for the last 2 years! I know theres no way I can use the same bag that long, but she said it takes AT LEAST 6 months of continuous use for the handle to soften and break in and the canvas to relax. Hope this helps your decision!!
This is very true! You really have to give it a chance and use it alot! The handle will eventually soften up, give you that arch and the canvas also gets softer.

Had to chime in about the Artsy. I completely love and adore this bag. I am tall and decided to get the GM when I purchased it last year. I love the big size, and it fit more comfortably on my shoulder than the MM. I can put a ton of stuff in this bag, and when loaded up with my iPad, and other heavy items, my shoulder does gets sore. That being said, I do not carry these heavy items all that often. Typically, I only have my wallet, small cosmetic case, phone, keys, and some other small items with me. The strap does not bother me at all. The handle on this monogram artsy is not soft, but it does bend and break in over time. I would not trade this bag for anything!!!!

I hope you decide to get this bag. I am confident you will be very happy with it. :smile:

Had to chime in about the Artsy. I completely love and adore this bag. I am tall and decided to get the GM when I purchased it last year. I love the big size, and it fit more comfortably on my shoulder than the MM. I can put a ton of stuff in this bag, and when loaded up with my iPad, and other heavy items, my shoulder does gets sore. That being said, I do not carry these heavy items all that often. Typically, I only have my wallet, small cosmetic case, phone, keys, and some other small items with me. The strap does not bother me at all. The handle on this monogram artsy is not soft, but it does bend and break in over time. I would not trade this bag for anything!!!!

I hope you decide to get this bag. I am confident you will be very happy with it. :smile:
thanks for the info! i don't think the gm is available anymore, but was wondering how much bigger it is than the mm? i usually carry a speedy 35 for reference, but have the tivoli gm and totally gm as well.

I found a pics of when I first bought my Artsy. I hope you don't mind me sharing some pics to show the difference from when it's new to now :smile:

I bought my Artsy April 2010! as you can see the handle don't have the arch, it's kinda stiff and only have a small drop.

screen-capture.png

Here she is now! The handle is much more comfy, bendable, got that arch and the drop is lower! Also the canvas is softer and flexible. I wanted to add also, when carried the drop is much lower!

IMG_2457.jpg

Hope this helps :graucho:

I bought my first mono Artsy last year, tried it on twice at home and returned it. Always regretted it. So bought it again 2 weeks ago. I wanted to wear it during the winter when typically I wear coats and thicker sweaters to pad the break in process and keep any deodorant far away from her! I bet she's perfect by summer.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but my boutique had 3 made in the USA and 2 made in Spain. Both Spain bags had MUCH softer handles compared to the USA. Of course, I got one of the Spain ones and it was already comfortable on day one.

Thanks so much for posting this thread as I, too, have been curious about this.I think it's cool that LV bags tend to get better with age. Just like a fine bottle of wine. Just like a fine woman.:graucho:

I am thinking about buying an Artsy bag. The style I love but it seems rather narrow at the top and wide at the bottom... do you find that you lose stuff in the bottom and corners of the bag??

i believe this bag was suppose to be a handheld not for shoulders that is why it feels soo weird under the pits. and because the canvas leather is in the way i dont find it comfortable. It can be worst if you have a jacket on lol,,,im no stick figure weight about 135 and so it doesnt feel to good for me and I had sold it.:yes:

As noted earlier, it is true that you have to really use the Artsy for the canvas to soften and break in. I rotate my bags far too often so they all get used, so the Artsy never had a chance to collapse. It was comfy on the shoulder from day one (a MIS bag) but the wide bottom and sides annoyed me and I am probably the only person who doesn't like the alacantra lining that attracts lint needs to be pampered. I sold my Artsy because the cons outweighed the pros for me. I just bought the Sully MM and love it... the comfortable, practical hobo bag I have been searching for!