Artois or Hardy for everyday use?

lxp727

Oct 20, 2020
I am looking for a bag that could serve as a diaper/mom bag for a few years and then transition to an everyday work bag (hold a laptop). Definitely want something with zippers so looking at the Artois and the Hardy - does anyone have both and can provide a perspective? I originally went in to get the artois but the pm is too small and mm looked a little large so now debating.

I have neither, sorry. But I can say that I have tried on all three. The Artois PM was much too small and the Artois MM was a bit big. The Hardy was the perfect size for me, and it had a very comfortable strap drop even with a coat, but I didn't buy it because BG didn't have any colors in stock, just black.

Reactions: earthygirl
Artois PM and Hardy are two of my favorite Goyard styles, I love having a zip closure. As @bagshopr mentioned above I agree the Hardy is a good in-between size and has the most comfortable shoulder carry. It's less structured than the Artois and can hold a lot - I use a bag insert in the Hardy so it can stand on its own when I'm using it. You can fit a lot in the Hardy and it folds flat if you ever need to (gently) pack it. I have used both styles for work, so my only caveat is that for carrying a laptop I'll slide it right into the Artois (PM), but in the Hardy I prefer to have a sleeve/case for it so it doesn't slide around.

I’m 5’5” and I’ve tried all three and I agree the artois pm is too small and the mm looks too big unless unless strictly used as a travel tote. The hardy is a great size and now they don’t have that perforated cat face on the side of the bag. I also love the slouch of the hardy.

I am looking for a bag that could serve as a diaper/mom bag for a few years and then transition to an everyday work bag (hold a laptop). Definitely want something with zippers so looking at the Artois and the Hardy - does anyone have both and can provide a perspective? I originally went in to get the artois but the pm is too small and mm looked a little large so now debating.
Hi! I have the Artois PM and Hardy and would recommend the Hardy as a diaper bag/ work tote. I do use a bag insert and carry a 14” laptop plus quite a few other items. It’s more rectangular so is roomy. The zipper is useful but note that the zipper is lower than than height of the bag. The Artois PM would be too small in my opinion as a diaper bag. It’s great as a purse for me. I don’t have the Artois MM but would love to add this in the future as I think it can hold a lot!

Attachments

• 263E911A-DFCD-4D34-B034-9957FD56D5E9.jpeg
    263E911A-DFCD-4D34-B034-9957FD56D5E9.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 154