Artois MM

Hi all!
I am leaning towards getting an Artois MM but am concerned it may be too big...any thoughts? I am very petite (5'1) so am thinking the slightly smaller St Louis GM may be better? I love the zip and corners of the Artois MM

Did you end up deciding on a bag? I recently purchased the PM and unfortunately it’s too small. Barely fits my MacBook Pro 13” without a case and not much else. The MM felt HUGE on my 5’2” frame but I’d rather be able to put things in it than not.

Here’s my Artois MM waiting for her first international flight. I’m so happy to be traveling again with such a gorgeous companion. View attachment 5357819

Do you find the zipper to be convenient? How are the handles length when worn? Also, do you find this to be too structured? I find that my st louis is super casual which I love but am not looking for something more durable and can't decide between anjou and the artois :\

I think the Artois has a longer strap drop than the Anjou. I don't have an Anjou but I compared both in store. I think the Artois feels more durable, which is why I went that route. I also like that I can zip it up if I felt like it. I really like the Artois and would add additional colors/sizes to my collection.

I have the Anjou and Artois.
I do not find the Artois zipper inconvenient, I’ll admit I’m not sure what you mean by that?
mine is the MM and the handle drop is good, longer than St Louis and Anjou. It is very structured, it’s not pliable and soft, it holds its shape. I carried it as a daily bag for a while but it’s become a travel bag for me now.

The Anjou is my favorite. Same strap drop as SL. Because it’s leather lined I find it to be perfectly squishy… slightly more structured than SL, but not a structured bag at all. Because it’s reinforced with reversible leather I find it more durable than regular canvas pieces. I’ll be collecting more colors!

Do you find the zipper to be convenient? How are the handles length when worn? Also, do you find this to be too structured? I find that my st louis is super casual which I love but am not looking for something more durable and can't decide between anjou and the artois :\

Reactions: mollylope

Personally, I would never buy a bag that I’d use frequently without a zipper because I worry about pickpockets. As a bit of background, I the up in NYC in the 1970s, and although I don’t live there anymore, I’m still very security conscious. But that’s just me. The handle drop of the MM is generous and I can wear the bag with a coat as well. The bag IS structured, so I think that if you love everything about the SL but want more durability, the Anjou would be the right one. Good luck!

I've had my Artois MM since 2019 and use it several times a week for work and traveling. I don't baby my bags, and this has held up extremely well! It's one of my best purchases. I'm petite but don't feel like the bag overwhelms my frame.

I was in Paris the last week of July looking for a second Artois (have MM, hoping to get the smaller size). Was told not a single Artois was available, no sizes or colors and apparently they’d been in limited stock for a while. He also mentioned he had no concrete idea when more would become available. I checked again this week, Artois are still very limited! Sorry if this is OT to the thread, just found it amazing. Not sure if this is just France or worldwide…

I was in Paris the last week of July looking for a second Artois (have MM, hoping to get the smaller size). Was told not a single Artois was available, no sizes or colors and apparently they’d been in limited stock for a while. He also mentioned he had no concrete idea when more would become available. I checked again this week, Artois are still very limited! Sorry if this is OT to the thread, just found it amazing. Not sure if this is just France or worldwide…
What a shame. I also have the MM and was hoping to get the PM when I’m in Paris next month.

Reactions: a_b_c