Which bag would you recommend?

• St Louis GM

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Artois MM

Votes: 77 59.2%
  • Neverfull MM

Votes: 28 21.5%

• Total voters
Hi! I have the GM St Louis in black and love for travel..but I was thinking of adding the PM for everyday?! Or the Artois MM since it has a zipper?! So I understand you dilemma:biggrin: Does anyone know the current price for the Artois MM in the USA? Thanks:flowers:

I know the Neverfull GM isn't on your list, but I have two Neverfull GMs (Monogram and Damier Ebene) and a St. Louis GM in Black Goyardine. I've compiled a list of my own pros and cons, and I hope they can help!

Neverfull GM Monogram/Damier Ebene:
PROS
  • Can fit a LOT of items and is great when traveling and shopping as you can just keep putting more things in the bag
  • If it is a Monogram Neverfull: More comfortable than the Neverfull GM Damier Ebene due to the un-coated vachetta leather handles which are softer and take less time to break-in
  • Canvas is thicker than that of the St. Louis and makes the bag feel a bit more sturdy
  • If it is a Damier Ebene Neverfull: the canvas seems to be ever-so-slightly thicker than the Monogram canvas which makes it feel more durable, and the handles are coated vachetta leather which means it is protected from the elements and will not stain like the Monogram un-coated handles do
  • Comes with a Pochette that is larger than the Goyard St. Louis pouch AND the entire leather strap along with Pochette can be removed
  • The cinch straps on the sides can make the bag smaller if you don't want a bag the size of Texas on your shoulder
CONS
  • Load the bag up with a lot, and the thin handles will feel like someone is pinching and putting an entire small child on your shoulder at the same time
  • If it is a Damier Ebene Neverfull: the handles take longer to break-in, they are even more uncomfortable than the Monogram handles when the bag gets heavy, and it doesn't develop a patina on the leather trim/handles

Goyard St. Louis GM:
PROS
  • Lightweight and slouchy, if you're going for that look in a bag
  • Easily packable if you would like to bring it on a trip and put it in a suitcase - just don't crease or over-stress the leather handles
  • More modern look than a Louis Vuitton canvas
  • Extremely comfortable when loaded with a rather small amount of items
CONS
  • Not sure if they still do this, but each dot on the bag is supposedly hand-painted and can easily be rubbed off if set on the ground or if the bag isn't treated correctly (again, not sure if this is still true)
  • If the bag is loaded up TOO much, it will stress the handles and cause them to crack which is a major flaw in the St. Louis
  • The pouch that comes with the St. Louis can be removed, but the leather strap cannot be removed
  • Extremely slouchy bag due to the thin canvas. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I'm itching to buy a base shaper
  • Around the same price point as a Neverfull, but not as versatile and durable as the Neverfull
  • Goyard customer service is practically useless
  • You have to jump through about 300 hoops to purchase a Goyard bag
  • I love my St. Louis very much and I have no regret in the purchase, so I hope nobody thinks I'm ragging on the bag, LOL.

I have no experience or knowledge about the Goyard Artois, so my post has come to an end. Hope I could help! :smile:

I have two out of the three mentioned above. I have a grey Artois MM and two Neverfull MM, I like the fact that the Artois has a zipper, and it helps to keep things secure. However, the Artois' wear in the corner is horrible (paint coming off), I baby all of my handbags, and had issues with my Artois within the first 3 months of corners wearing out (I rotate my handbags everyday, and at this point had only used my Artois MM less than 5 times),the NF is much more robust, but I personally do not like traveling with NF, due to it not being secured, and still opt for Artois, but with extra babying it, since I cannot bear the wearing of the corners.
Do you have any photos to share with us of the Artois wear and tear?

I have a St Louis PM and had Goyard add leather corners to it after my bag developed holes in the corner after a couple months of use.

LV has much better quality than Goyard. I would either do a LE Neverfull or... just throwing this out there, have you looked at the LV Lockme Go? That’s my new everyday bag and it’s similar to the NF but has a lock clasp and snaps closed. It’s also very lightweight, very luxe, and fits a laptop and other essentials.
Do you mind sharing a photo of the leather corners they added for you, please? I am in contact with the boutique and they can add them to a new bag but it will take several months. Thank you!!

Reactions: Gimmethebag
Do you mind sharing a photo of the leather corners they added for you, please? I am in contact with the boutique and they can add them to a new bag but it will take several months. Thank you!!
I would take a pic for you but I am traveling at the moment. I'll see if I have an older photo on my phone. I also posted a "family" pic of my handbag collection before.