Article on cleaning your jewelry...

I take my jewelry off daily, right when I walk in the door my jewelry comes off. OMG! Cleaning those poor pieces of jewelry that have suffered from harmful chemicals must be tough work (getting off the crust...I can't imagine). I understand the older lady loved her ring for sentimental reasons, but cleaning with bleach and wearing nice rings are a big "no no." I will definitely be more cautious on how I handle my own jewelry after reading this article. Thank you for sharing!

oh I believe this! people are nasty with their jewellery.

story one: I was visiting a client and an old lady came in and ask my client to clean her earrings, due to arthritis she couldnt remove her earrings. she asked me to do it. I have no idea why me, she had no idea who I was. I could have been another customer! I let my client handle his customer. he took one look at the earrings and went and grabbed some latex gloves...they were that bad. dirty, crusty her dead skin cells had basically crawled over the top of the stud and were engulfing the earring like wtf!!!

story two: I was visiting another client and when they have repairs for our wathes and i'm in the area I pick them up and bring them back to the office- it saves them shipping charges.
they gave me a repair and all they said was it's not working. I took the watch out of the repair drop bag and instantly wished I didn't touch it! the sapphire crystal was caked with what looked like old food and the band was actually corroding away...the watch was less then a year old. the watch was so dirty that whatever was on it was actually eating away at the rose gold plating and corroding stainless steel. and then the customer was actually mad that his gold plating was coming off and wanted it fixed for free!

people- clean your earrings. take them off soak them- take a tooth brush and clean them and sanitize them! I swear by removing jewellery and cleaning your pieces the world will not end and your pieces will look infinitely better and sparklier :biggrin:

oh I believe this! people are nasty with their jewellery.

story one: I was visiting a client and an old lady came in and ask my client to clean her earrings, due to arthritis she couldnt remove her earrings. she asked me to do it. I have no idea why me, she had no idea who I was. I could have been another customer! I let my client handle his customer. he took one look at the earrings and went and grabbed some latex gloves...they were that bad. dirty, crusty her dead skin cells had basically crawled over the top of the stud and were engulfing the earring like wtf!!!

story two: I was visiting another client and when they have repairs for our wathes and i'm in the area I pick them up and bring them back to the office- it saves them shipping charges.
they gave me a repair and all they said was it's not working. I took the watch out of the repair drop bag and instantly wished I didn't touch it! the sapphire crystal was caked with what looked like old food and the band was actually corroding away...the watch was less then a year old. the watch was so dirty that whatever was on it was actually eating away at the rose gold plating and corroding stainless steel. and then the customer was actually mad that his gold plating was coming off and wanted it fixed for free!

people- clean your earrings. take them off soak them- take a tooth brush and clean them and sanitize them! I swear by removing jewellery and cleaning your pieces the world will not end and your pieces will look infinitely better and sparklier :biggrin:

OMG :sick::sick::sick:

I can *sort of* relate to this. When I was younger, I worked for a distributer for Polar Elecro (heart rate monitors used primarily for athletes) I did battery changes & repairs & some of the watches we got back were terribly disgusting. Luckily, most of the athletes were triathletes & in a chlorinated pool at least weekly, so that killed off some of the really gross stuff.

I can't sleep with jewelry on...I know it's a psychological thing out of force of habit...but even when I'm in someone else's house I just can't sleep with them on. And even if I take them off everyday I also have to clean them regularly....even pieces I don't wear everyday. I like my jewelry sparkly and clean...just looks and feels better. I can't understand how someone can keep them on even when they're crusty? Ewww