Article in today's New York Times about Lux Retailers Limiting Handbag Purchases

well we all know the quota about b´s and k´s and how h thinks in general about resellers but as always rules are there to be bent on a personal basis
in the end it all boils down to image and marketing whether we like it or not.

Read this too in the AM...only reason i picked up the Times...puts another spin on the price increase coming up soon.. I figured it as just due to the disparity in currencies, never throught it was linked to the resale market in Europe and Asia.

So if they raise the price enough here, the irony may be that it will be cheaper to buy in Europe with the VAT refund...ahhh...price games.

It's just retail mind manipulation to make you think you are getting something super special after shelling out big bucks for it. I actually think it is kind of despicable.

I always thought such arbitrage happened on a small scale. One suitcase at a time. Now it appears more widespread, I understand why retailers are putting in place these policies. It makes sense. Since it won't really affect consumers like myself, I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure H has the same policies. They won't want people to take advantage of this price difference, when they have stores in Asia which they can sell items themselves.