Article: How Hermes Fights Discounts with Fire

I think that this is just a made up rumor, because if you didn't know, Hermes has 2 sales a year, which I just attended one. this makes no sense because i have been to 3 sales, 1 in beverly hills and 2 at my local store and they are 40-60% off! they just have a small selection of bags, but alot of accessories and literally 95% of the ready to wear goes on sale. there are tons of shoes too!!!

Just to note that one of the scarves I picked up at this year's Paris sale had come back all the way from Thailand!

It had a little tag attached that had the price in Thai currency (Baht) and which said 'King Power Duty Free' on it, which I googled and traced back to the duty free in the Suvarnabhumi airport which H's official site lists as one of their stores there. I'm actually really thrilled to have gotten such a well-travelled scarf at a bargain price, but it definitely proves that not all H goods in the East are being burned rather than sold at sale.

Yes Hermes has sales but those that were left after a few sales get destroyed as I was told by my SA. My local area only has RTW and shoes during sale (only jewellery for the first time this year and possible the last time!) So for other items like bags, scarfs, SLGs, they put them out for staff sale after they have been on display for few years, if it still can't be sold then, they get sent back to Paris and destroyed.