Article Analysing Coach...

Interesting. How many of us have seen a bag and thought "now why did they do that?"

I wonder how Coach tests its products? Thanks for the link to the article. I was at the flagship last month and certainly didn't feel like his eyes were on me!

i wish the CEO would stalk me! and i hope that he stands close enough to hear my opinions and suggestions, and hopefully give me a job!! LOL!!!

I read this while spending an afternoon in the doctor's office with my Dad. I found it very interesting. I kept trying to tell people at work (Coach) about it but couldn't remember all the details. Thanks for posting it.

I don't get why Frankfort would write off Bally- it could really add that exclusive, European cachet to their portfolio. Armani, Tiffany, and Ralph Lauren already have deeply-rooted images that wouldn't mesh well with Coach influence.

Interesting. How many of us have seen a bag and thought "now why did they do that?"

I wonder how Coach tests its products? Thanks for the link to the article. I was at the flagship last month and certainly didn't feel like his eyes were on me!

Back in '96 or '97 I was browsing in a Chicago boutique.
I got a free leather key fob for giving them some opinions on several new bags they were test marketing. I dont' remember the bags or if they used the ones I liked or didn't like though!

It was definitely an interesting article although I sense a bit of desperation with the CEO. Either way I found it amusing when they said that European rivals consider Coach to be the McDonald's of luxury.

I do think that they are trying to open too many Coach stores, and I didn't like how it was stated that people in a certain market shouldn't know they were opening a store in Peoria.

I have felt the Coach has become cheaper and cheaper with the exception of the Legacy line. I think most signature items are tacky and classless, and I can not STAND that almost everything is made in China. There is nothing upscale about that. The amount of stores opened are spiraling way out of control as well.