Arrrrgh! I bid on a fake!

1. I've been in eBay for about 2 years, so I guess it had to happen sometime. I bid on an Hermes scarf, did my research on the design etc. It was in the mail when I got home - and it's a copy! :cursing: It had all hallmarks, but it isn't 100% silk (if at all), so i wouldn't have twigged untill I had it in my hands. It's a shame, because I really like the design.

Anyhoo, luckyliy for me , I paid by paypal (and qualify for buyer protection) and this guy accepts returns within 3 days (probably to keep his feedback rating).

i'll keep you posted on the outcome

2. Hi !!

I am so sorry...I hate fakes:mad:
    It happened to me also and get refundedbut what a waste a time...how can these people sleep well ???

I hope eBay will do something sooner...

:flowers:

3. It's happened to me, too, and I try so hard to be careful. Good luck with the process.

4. I just got the refund for a FAKE Vuitton Epi Agenda MM today :yahoo:

It happens to all of us at some time I guess :shrugs:

Hope everything works out fine for you :flowers:

5. I hate fakes. I'm sorry this happened to you; I wish you the best! And please do keep us posted.

6. Fakes are awful, sorry about what happened. I do hope you get your money back!

7. return it quickly and hope that you get your refund immediately.. fakes, nasty...

8. Sorry to hear that! I am really nervous about eBay these days. Many years ago it was so much better.

9. Makes me so :cursing: mad! Hope it works out ok and you get your money back!:flowers:

10. eBay would be such a wonderful venue if only it had policies in place that would eradicate the unscrupulous sellers. They won't do it because they will lose money - so many transactons of fake items are completed without a problem because buyers just don't know they have been taken. And ebay gets it's cut.

11. just top update you all, I got my refund but the :censor: d'dn't refund my shipping cost. (it was only $11 though). He didn't reply to my emails about the shipping cost event though he had the gall to file a dispute to mutually end the transaction!

In the end, I clicked onm the option for "no I haven't agreed to end it" and left him a neg. (can you beleive this mo-fo has 100% FB for selling fakes?!) Surprise, surprise witin two hours he left me a retaliatory neg. I've left a facutal reply to my neg, but hopefully the word FAKE in his neg will ward off other people.

12. omg
    how did he get 100% feed back
    that sucks
    so sorry to hear that

13. people must be blind, lol!

eBay Member Profile for momiw

I received a fake from another seller too. this one looked really good. Luckily for me, I looked up the hallmarks online and found it was a fake. they too have because the buyers have been completely fooled. I'm waiting for my refund before I leave them a neg too.

14. Good for you - your awesome!!! It will help others who are thinking about buying in the future. It gets my attention!!

I have seen so many sellers with 100% feedback, and they sell fake bags. I think buyers just get to comfortable when they see a perfect rating.

15. these fakers get their 100% feedback from people who either know they are buying fakes :yucky:and are just fine with it or from people who are scared of retaliation to post neg feedback, so :rant:the innocent buyers are never warned. it's like that with so many brands, i see it with gucci, chloe, lv. i report a lot of fakes too. sometimes the auctions get shut down. often not :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice