Arrggghh!! WHat a rude seller from mallaries

mimosa70

Nov 29, 2009
Anyone ever deals with only authentics, a seller in an auction site called mallaries? WHat a rude person!! I contacted this seller a month ago to inquire about a chanel pink reissue. I asked if this was the same bag I saw on ebay, since I have been watching this bag but apparently it was already sold. She replied that this is the bag and this bag was returned by the buyer because of the color. So I asked her to provide me with the color code. This seller did not reply for a week or so and then she asked what do i mean with the color code so I explain it to her. She also said she was sorry for the late reply that she did not have access to internet and she promised me to send me more pictures of the bag soon. I have waited for two weeks, so I emailed her again and she never replied. Today, because of the picture I saw posted by aprilvalentine, I messaged her again to remind her to provide me with more pictures taken in natural light and she replied:

"No if you buy the bag I will refund your money with a restocking fee
My photos are excelent
and you have went around and around with me on this bag long enough
Sorry
I do not like my very light colored pieces handled alot till they are sold
Kindest Regards"

WTH!!! my intention to ask a lot of questions since it is a hassle for me to send the bag back to US (fyi I live in Jakarta, Indonesia). Am I wrong to do that?:mad:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some communication problems. Malleries sellers are generally a very friendly bunch!
Just to clear something up, the owner of Only Authentics is a 'he' not a 'she'.

I can understand the desire to not handle certain bags due to their fragility or color, but an inexpensive pair of white cotton gloves generally takes care of that.
Anyway, I would probably look for a seller that is more willing to work with you.

I thought at first it's a "he" too. My mistake that I stereotype a chanel seller to be a woman. I already replied to his email saying that I am sorry that he feels that way. I never meant to buy his bag and return it back (and with a restocking fee?) Does he think money fall from a tree?:rolleyes:

That was a rude response, but I can also understand that the color in photos can look different on different computer screens too, so sometimes even great photos will not show the color as it is IRL. Still, the seller could have been more polite. Rudeness is a red flag to me, this seller does not sound like someone I would want to buy from at all.

I agree with the other posters: If you get a rude response from a seller, RUN!!! It's probably going to be a very unpleasant transaction, and if you run into problems, you can be sure that solving them is going to be a pain. Hope you find a seller who is more willing to work with you! :hugs:

That was a rude response, but I can also understand that the color in photos can look different on different computer screens too, so sometimes even great photos will not show the color as it is IRL. Still, the seller could have been more polite. Rudeness is a red flag to me, this seller does not sound like someone I would want to buy from at all.
That's why she asked for a colour code. Not everyone knows those things though.

I love Malleries.com but have only purchase from Chanel Touch. They are great!!! I'm so sorry that you were treated like that from that seller. I hate rude emails or people that just ignore mine.