Armani vs Chanel Foundation

claudia09

Dec 28, 2009
Currently, completely unsure of which one to get. I am asian, combination skin, a bit tan.

Debating between:
GA Designer Foundation
GA Luminous Silk
GA Lasting Silk
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

Any ideas? Personal opinion?

I was personally very disappointed with the GA foundations (I bought the Designer one and was given testers of the other two) - coverage wasn't great, they made my skin look really greasy (I have oily skin to start with), and really caked into my pores. However, I have read some really great things about them, so perhaps they are just not compatible with my skin.

I like the GA foundations. They have a good color selection and the foundations go on smoothly and give your face a natural look. That being said, they do not last a full day on my face. I have oily skin, and by noon, my face is pretty slick. I use them when I go out at night and they're perfect. BTW, I've used both the GA liquid and powder foundations.

I also have combination skin, and I have tried these 3
GA Luminous Silk
GA Lasting Silk
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

My favorite is Chanel aqua, The GA foundations make my skin feel oily by the end of the day and are a bit heavier then i prefer. Im really loving the chanel aqua though

My vote is for the GA Luminous Silk. It has great shades for pale skin, and offered a more natural look. I have combination skin so the foundation does stay put for the most part. I do use a loose powder to set the foundation to help it last though.

I also prefer Chanel over Armani. Aramani looked nice at first but within a few hrs my face would get really oily and by the end of the day the foundation was pretty much gone...even with primer. I tried Luminous and Lasting Silk.

I also prefer Chanel over Armani. Aramani looked nice at first but within a few hrs my face would get really oily and by the end of the day the foundation was pretty much gone...even with primer. I tried Luminous and Lasting Silk.

This happens to me too with Luminous Silk and I'm so disappointed by it. Which Chanel one do you use?

So far I am liking Vitalumiere Aqua. I was surprised it was long lasting on me and I think it looks more natural than both GA foundations. I expected a lot more from GA!

I haven't tried Chanel foundations. The "Aqua" in the name of this tells me it's better for normal/combination skin, which my skin isn't anymore. Is it drying/matte at all?

I haven't tried Chanel foundations. The "Aqua" in the name of this tells me it's better for normal/combination skin, which my skin isn't anymore. Is it drying/matte at all?

My skin is somewhat oily and it works for me so far. No, it's not drying/matte at all...far from I think. It's very light and feels natural on your skin. It's pretty runny for a foundation...not thick.

GA Designer probably do not have a dark enough shade for you.
I personally tried all of the ones you listed and I like GA Lasting Silk the most with Chanel Aqua after it. These two are similar so I have both and would wear them according to the needs.

If you find these too matte or drying, you can also try Lancome Teint Miracle.

I haven't tried Chanel's foundation yet, although I'm dying to try out Vitalumiere Aqua. However I do love my GA Lasting Silk foundation. I have very oily skin, and it lasts quite a bit on me. Once it mixes in with my natural oils I actually think it looks better, and more natural. There is a bit of a price difference in the two, GA being at $59 and Chanel at $45, so if price is a deciding factor for you, try the Chanel!