Armani Luminous Silk Foundation...so bummed out!

ellacoach

Feb 24, 2007
I recently purchased a bottle of this foundation and was so excited to use it. I've used it twice now and the foundation does this weird thing where it sinks into my pores..sort of like it's pooling in my pores and I have these little dots of foundation all over my face. I even use a primer and it does this still. I do have oily skin, but I've never had a foundation do this to me…Chanel, YSL, both work wonderfully for me. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm really really dissapointed. I wanted to love this so badly and thought about giving it one more try, but I think I'm going to just return it….if it didn't cost $58 I would probably just suck it up and keep it, but that's a lot of moola for something that doesn't work.

For $58, the foundation needs to make your skin look PERFECT. I've had foundation sinks into my pores before, and I returned it. For that much money, you shouldn't need to attempt to "save" it with primer, powder, etc.

Also, the best foundation should look at least decent on its worst application. For instance, Bare Escentuals at its worst for me does not cover enough. Max Factor Pan-Stik can look a little too heavy if I don't blend it enough. Neither problem is HORRIBLE and they both only occur if I don't have enough time to blend properly. Sinking into pores, drying skin out so it looks flaky, and turning orange are all foundation problems that I find completely unacceptable because if they occur, your foundation/face can look completely crazy/off! Just like a haircut, foundation on its worst day must look at least normal/decent.

I'd definitely return and exchange for a foundation that you've found reliable (Chanel or YSL)! Thank God for great return policies :heart:

I recently purchased a bottle of this foundation and was so excited to use it. I've used it twice now and the foundation does this weird thing where it sinks into my pores..sort of like it's pooling in my pores and I have these little dots of foundation all over my face. I even use a primer and it does this still. I do have oily skin, but I've never had a foundation do this to me…Chanel, YSL, both work wonderfully for me. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm really really dissapointed. I wanted to love this so badly and thought about giving it one more try, but I think I'm going to just return it….if it didn't cost $58 I would probably just suck it up and keep it, but that's a lot of moola for something that doesn't work.

I have mixed skin and I use Armani Face Fabric--I love it--the best so far.

Why didn't you try it before buying?

I actually use this foundation and I love it (I have combination skin). If you don't love it, I think you should bring it back if the store's policy allows it.

That's disappointing. I've heard so many great things about this foundation that I've tried finding it everywhere (including ebay, even though my better judgement usually prevents me from buying make up there), but it's not available here and I never find my color on ebay.

I heard rave reviews about this product...thought it would be the holy grail of foundations...but it does NOT work for OILY skin...Bummer...:sad:

This is a product that I have wanted to try. I also heard rave reviews. My skin is more normal/dry, so maybe it will work. I definitely would insist on trying a sample before buying it. Unfortunately, I would have to drive 2 hours to get the sample.

It is just too expensive to keep if it is not living up to your expectations!

If you have used something that you liked, you probably should go back to using it.

Sometimes the best things turn out to be tried and true

This happened to me with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I was really excited to try the Flawless Face kit and I ended up looking like a dead person. I returned it.