Travel Arizona Trip in April

cruising87

Jan 4, 2009
Hi ladies!

My girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Arizona this April. Do you have any recommendations of tops places to stay, restaurants, spas and shopping?

Thanks in advance!!

Yes, where? Phoenix is by far the largest city with the most shopping. Tucson is my favorite city--smaller, easier to navigate. Plus they have 2 phenomenal destination spas: Miraval and Canyon Ranch.

Sedona is like nothing you've ever seen. Definitely worth a visit.

It's not near large cities, but everyone owes it to himself/herself to see the Grand Canyon in northern Arizona. I guess you would fly into Flagstaff.

We haven't decided on a city yet...but we were thinking either Scottsdale or Sedona :smile:

If you are with your girlfriends I'd recommend Old Town Scottsdale. You could stay there and be able to walk to shopping, bars, restaurants etc. Definitely take a day trip or longer up to Sedona--it is absolutely gorgeous! I'm not a fan of Tucson, but it's only a couple hours away so if you have time you can go down and see it. Also there is the grand canyon and flagstaff you could check out (maybe after Sedona).

It definitely depends on what you and your friends are like and what you like to do. If you are outdoorsy, then hiking/camping in northern Arizona such as Sedona and the Grand Canyon is a must do. The scenery is simply amazing. Even if you are not the crunchy granola type, Sedona is only maybe two hours north of Phoenix so it is easy enough to take a short day trip. There are lots of cheesy metaphysical type touristy shops there which can be fun. At the very least, just take the drive through. There is truly nothing else like it.

If you are looking for a more luxurious experience, definitely stay in Scottsdale. The sanctuary resort is incredible, even if you can just get there to visit the spa. Otherwise I would recommend the Valley Ho as an excellent hotel that is in the middle of downtown Scottsdale. It has a very happening pool and bar scene and the decor is really cool, very mid-century modern. All the other trendy little bars and restaurants are close by, within walking distance. The biggest mall is also close.

What else? Give us some direction! :smile:

It definitely depends on what you and your friends are like and what you like to do. If you are outdoorsy, then hiking/camping in northern Arizona such as Sedona and the Grand Canyon is a must do. The scenery is simply amazing. Even if you are not the crunchy granola type, Sedona is only maybe two hours north of Phoenix so it is easy enough to take a short day trip. There are lots of cheesy metaphysical type touristy shops there which can be fun. At the very least, just take the drive through. There is truly nothing else like it.

If you are looking for a more luxurious experience, definitely stay in Scottsdale. The sanctuary resort is incredible, even if you can just get there to visit the spa. Otherwise I would recommend the Valley Ho as an excellent hotel that is in the middle of downtown Scottsdale. It has a very happening pool and bar scene and the decor is really cool, very mid-century modern. All the other trendy little bars and restaurants are close by, within walking distance. The biggest mall is also close.

What else? Give us some direction! :smile:

Great recommendations! I'll even add that there are great galleries in Sedona if you like art, OP. If you guys are outdoorsy there is Camelback that you can hike in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Def check out Valley Ho if you guys like the party atmosphere--it's a lot of fun! I'd recommend Montelucia's spa too--it's wonderful!

Great recommendations! I'll even add that there are great galleries in Sedona if you like art, OP. If you guys are outdoorsy there is Camelback that you can hike in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Def check out Valley Ho if you guys like the party atmosphere--it's a lot of fun! I'd recommend Montelucia's spa too--it's wonderful!

Oooh. Yes. The Montelucia is otherworldly -- so gorgeous. I could walk there from my house and somehow I just went for the first time last fall. Breathtaking!

Oooh. Yes. The Montelucia is otherworldly -- so gorgeous. I could walk there from my house and somehow I just went for the first time last fall. Breathtaking!

You must live close to me! I drive by the Montelucia all the time--it's just gorgeous! We are actually thinking about getting married there but once I see the pricing I may :wtf:

I'm planning on going there this May as well; doing a road trip from LA all the way to Tucson and then up to the Grand Canyon! Excited, can't wait to take plenty of great pics and experience what the state offers!

Hi ladies!

My girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Arizona this April. Do you have any recommendations of tops places to stay, restaurants, spas and shopping?

Thanks in advance!!

I just moved to the Phoenix area; this place is paradise.

I need to know your budget restrictions.

But if its a girl's time out for fun and you are looking for nightlife adventures then you should get a hotel in Old Town Scottsdale.

Sedona is beyond words for a description; I just like to tell people that it is quite magical...and you will most likely leave it a different person....

But, Sedona is easy to do for a day....or split your trip between a few days in Phoenix and a few days in Sedona?

Are you flying in or driving?

I'm planning on going there this May as well; doing a road trip from LA all the way to Tucson and then up to the Grand Canyon! Excited, can't wait to take plenty of great pics and experience what the state offers!

That road trip sounds like a blast!

Are you taking it with friends or family?

Either way there is lots to do with either camp. :P

Thanks everyone so much for your input so far!

We are definitely thinking of staying in Scottsdale now. There are going to be 3 of us, and our main priorities are going to be shopping, spas and good food!

We're flying in from Vancouver, and our budget right now is around $1200 pp for air and hotel for 4 nights (not entirely sure if this is doable haha)

Thanks all!!! :biggrin: