Arizona shoppers! Premium outlet opening April 4th in Phoenix (Chandler), AZ

I'm so happy it's not TopShop/TopMan...looks like they knew that Zara is what everyone wanted!

Not that I wouldn't want a local TopShop, Uniqlo, or any other new and exciting store too (Massimo Dutti, anyone?); it's just that Chandler's Nordstrom already has a pretty broad selection...and I still haven't bought anything from the line.

Time to browse Zara's website!

So stoked for the new outlet mall, went to Corona del Sol so it's right by my neck of the woods! Finally we get a decent place like Cabazon. Anthem is a joke and Mills is terrible. Don't even like going to Off Fifth and Last Call there. Had hope for the Tanger one, but from what I've heard it's better but nowhere near premium status.

So stoked for the new outlet mall, went to Corona del Sol so it's right by my neck of the woods! Finally we get a decent place like Cabazon. Anthem is a joke and Mills is terrible. Don't even like going to Off Fifth and Last Call there. Had hope for the Tanger one, but from what I've heard it's better but nowhere near premium status.

Is there more than one new outlet mall opening in chandler? The one I read about that is supposed to open in April sounded much like the one in anthem.

Is there more than one new outlet mall opening in chandler? The one I read about that is supposed to open in April sounded much like the one in anthem.

No, just the Phoenix Premium one by Wild Horse Pass. Arizona Mills is in Tempe and I guess it's supposed to be an "outlet" and they built one last fall by Cardinals' Stadium in Glendale.

The new one sounds like an improvement over Anthem, judging by their directory it has Armani, Hugo Boss and Lucky. Actually after reviewing that list it isn't exactly that remarkable. Better than any other outlet mall here, but not Cabazon status. I was expecting the stores they have at that outlet mall: Gucci, True Religion, Lacoste, Barney's and Burberry. The same company owns this new mall and the Desert Hills outlet out there and we have a good portion of those premium brands at Biltmore and Fashion Square.

No love for Arizona :sad:

No, just the Phoenix Premium one by Wild Horse Pass. Arizona Mills is in Tempe and I guess it's supposed to be an "outlet" and they built one last fall by Cardinals' Stadium in Glendale.

The new one sounds like an improvement over Anthem, judging by their directory it has Armani, Hugo Boss and Lucky. Actually after reviewing that list it isn't exactly that remarkable. Better than any other outlet mall here, but not Cabazon status. I was expecting the stores they have at that outlet mall: Gucci, True Religion, Lacoste, Barney's and Burberry. The same company owns this new mall and the Desert Hills outlet out there and we have a good portion of those premium brands at Biltmore and Fashion Square.

Oh yeah, just remembered they're supposed to build two outlets in Scottsdale. One on the Salt River Reservation on I think Indian Bend and the 101 and another just north of Scottsdale Road and the 101. But they're a long ways out and I wouldn't hold my breath. From what I remember the one in North Scottsdale is supposed to be really nice.

They keep adding new tenants so hopefully we'll be getting more upscale stores (though they seem to only be adding lower mid-tier shoe stores to the roster lately!)...also, keep in mind this is still Phase I, and they will expand the center (and have the ability to do so rapidly) if there is sustained demand.

It's important to note that we don't even have a "fully developed" luxury roster at Scottsdale Fashion Square (even when adding in the few exclusives that Biltmore Fashion Park still has). Fendi and Chanel are only in department store shops, and we're also missing mainstays like Saint Laurent, Versace, Dior, Zegna, Hermes, etc.

Arizona is still considered a secondary market for most luxury brands. Some brands were here and left (I've read that we had a YSL, Bally, and Versace before).

I am sure that Barneys struggles locally (they just eliminated the Home/Chelsea Passage department) have also made some uber-luxe companies take caution.

Talking to a SA at a premium denim store at SFS, she remarked that an outlet for her brand would "kill" their store. So the brands with smaller footprints and a less developed "factory store model" might not want to risk cannibalizing their full price stores.

Depending on what type of lease Macerich has signed with stores like Lacoste, 7 for all Mankind, Burberry (the outerwear makes them tricky here), etc, they might even have an "exclusive" that bans outlets from opening within X number of miles.

I personally would expect contemporary brands that sell heavily to department stores here, but don't have a stand-alone full-price store (Vince, theory, Diesel, and Joe's Jeans come to mind).

Oh yeah, just remembered they're supposed to build two outlets in Scottsdale. One on the Salt River Reservation on I think Indian Bend and the 101 and another just north of Scottsdale Road and the 101. But they're a long ways out and I wouldn't hold my breath. From what I remember the one in North Scottsdale is supposed to be really nice.

I know that Macerich is working on developing a Scottsdale outlet. Their current uber-luxe outlet project, Fashion Outlets of Chicago, has an insane lineup!

See: http://www.fashionoutletsofchicago.com/#storeContent

I know that Macerich is working on developing a Scottsdale outlet. Their current uber-luxe outlet project, Fashion Outlets of Chicago, has an insane lineup!

See: http://www.fashionoutletsofchicago.com/#storeContent
Definitely a second tier market, but we're growing and Fashion Square has made great advances in the last few years. They put a Prada in next to LV and we're getting a Zara soon. The market is definitely rebounding though, Scottsdale Quarter (while not a shopping mecca) is proof enough that retail is great in Phoenix. Hopefully the other brands you mentioned will come here too, even if it's not Fashion Square. Maybe to City North? :biggrin:

Very nice outlet in Chicago, hope the Scottsdale one is just as great. Pretty good location in Chicago too. Don't see how they'll be able to cram an outlet into tiny Rosemont, but that's not my problem!