ARghhhh, I am so mad!!!

snoopa

Mar 22, 2007
Yesterday I noticed one of the stitches in the bag is a little open- the one at the end of the zipper, the end where it closes, I thought maybe it's suppose to be this way so I didn't think about it.

Today my mom closed my bag and the zipper just slid off! I think it's coz of the open stitch, it had nothing to stop it.
It remained in her hand and now my bag is zipped up and I can't even take my cellphone out, I don't wanna manually undo it coz I have no idea how to put it back.

I'm so pissed off, you'd think for 160$ you'd get decent stitches and a zipper that has stoppers or something, I have no idea how to put it back, and I can't return it or exchange it since I got it on ebay and since I live 98273982573 from any Lesportsac store.

Anybody has any suggestions?
I've only used the bag like 3 times! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Yesterday I noticed one of the stitches in the bag is a little open- the one at the end of the zipper, the end where it closes, I thought maybe it's suppose to be this way so I didn't think about it.

Today my mom closed my bag and the zipper just slid off! I think it's coz of the open stitch, it had nothing to stop it.
It remained in her hand and now my bag is zipped up and I can't even take my cellphone out, I don't wanna manually undo it coz I have no idea how to put it back.

I'm so pissed off, you'd think for 160$ you'd get decent stitches and a zipper that has stoppers or something, I have no idea how to put it back, and I can't return it or exchange it since I got it on ebay and since I live 98273982573 from any Lesportsac store.

Anybody has any suggestions?
I've only used the bag like 3 times! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I had the same thing happen to me with my Paradiso Mamma Mia. I too bought it on eBay and when I contacted the seller, he just wanted to give me a discount, no return. I was able to fix it by re-stitching it closed. It wasn't too hard (I am a terrible seamstress, so if I managed, you probably can too. Also I do not have a sewing machine..if you or someone you know has one, that would probably make things much easier.) You can probably gently open the zipper to get your stuff out of the purse.

I feel for you, having had the same thing happen to myself.:crybaby:

I took some pictures, it looks really crappy for a bag I got a week ago and hardly used.
I didn't even stuff it or anything, nothing heavy, just a wallet, a make-up bag, sunglasses, keys and a cellphone, and I'm VERY gentle with the zipper coz it gets a little stuck, I put the bag in my lap and open and close it gentley.

I'm so disappointed. :crybaby:

I linked the pictures to the bigger versions so it won't take up alot of space here:

I have a sewing machine, but I have no idea how to use it, or how to sew at all.
I can give it to a professional and have it fixed, and I managed to put the zipper on backwards (now it opens from right to left as opposed to before, actually quite comfortable) but it looks bad, and I don't see why I have to pay so much money for something of such poor quality. :yucky:

I mean I have like 20 Kipling bags, some for 10 years, and they look perfect, the zipper is so strong and smooth, not one stitch opened. They're not that much cheapper but atleast you get your money's worth.

Thanks for telling me about what happend to you, I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one. :heart:

snoopa, i am shocked. the same thing happend to me just last week!!! i mean EXACTLY. same place and everthing! mine was a paradiso mm. the zipper pull slid right off. i was able to slide it on back on because the material portion of the zipper slipped through the guides. i just had to do it a couple times to get the "teeth" lined up correctly.
lesportsac quality is just terrible. you would be amazed at how many i've seen in the store with "blurry" printing. and not just a single print either. i've seen a ton of piratas with "off" printing. i've also seen it on citta, lamore, playground, paradiso, and now the spiaggia. it must be a common problem from the process of getting the print on the bag. but as far as craftsmanship, it's not much better. i had the zipper problem like yours and then i had my original print bella bella fall right off my arm because a rivet broke off.
i didn't buy my bella bella from lesportsac and i was able to return it to them because of their year warranty and they gave me a credit. i called them about my mm, which has been about a year later now, and they wouldn't let me return it because i didn't buy it from them. the customer service lady was not very nice at all. i should have complained more and told them they took a bag back a year ago for me, but i didn't get into it. i don't have the best of luck when it comes to these bags!
hope you get yours fixed soon.

Yeah, in the pictures you see I didn't get the teeth aligned, but I got it right, and then as I was walking down the mall with a friend, I held the bag with the zipper half open and only one strap was on my shoulder- and it just snapped off one of the zipper and remained on the other side! I was :wtf:.

So now the stitches suck AND the zipper just pops off?! It didn't slide out like before, it just... I donno. :shrugs:
My friend put it back together for me coz I was too pissed off to deal with it. :blah:

Dang. I bet you that's why the person sold it on eBay. Snoopa, maybe go to a seamstress if you don't know exactly how to do it. Maybe they can help :smile:

I don't think so, she sells alot of TD, she had many Amore BV's and 100% positive feedback, the bag looked great the day I got it, it just started opening yesterday. :crybaby:
But hey, anything's possible, ebay is full of crooks.
I'm not sure whether to send her a msg about this or not, what could she do?

Yeah, I don't think it'll be a problem for a professional to fix it, but I just feel like an idiot buying an expenive bag at full price and then having to fix it after 4 days.

WOW, so there are at least 3 of us that have had this happen to brand new bags!:wtf: And all 3 seem to be the BV or MM style of bag. I've got my Paradiso MM stitched up and it's kind of a bad stitch job, but since the thread is white and the fabric is mostly white, you can't see it unless you're looking for it.:search:

I do think a good seamstress could fix it with little effort.:noworry:

I just figured I was unlucky until I read this thread this morning.:girlsigh:

Thanks Jess.
angelic- Yeah, I checked my zucca and the zipper looks way better, it ends with this leather thingy that seems to be well-stitched, the MM and BV have STUPID zippers, but I don't understand why it opened again later, it's like the slit is too big for the teeth and they just slipped out.

Crap, I hate that so much...I haven't had any problems with my tokis, but the Michael Kors I bought in NY last August has a seam coming apart. And what can I do? I haven't even been back to NY to see if they'll do anything for me! And they probably won't anyway...

Eugh.

FrogBubbles- Yeah it sucks living so far away from everything.

Annie- My thoughts exactly, I'd expect this from a 2$ bag I got in a market in Thailand, but not from Tokidoki bags.

LatterGrl- THanks :heart:, I don't think they can help me anyway since I didn't get it from them.
Not that it matters- they made the bag, they should be accountable for any problem, it's not like it has a hole or a stain or something, it's just bad stitching and idiotic zipper, totally the manufacturer's fault.