Argh...People need to keep comments to themselves...

How ignorant and rude!

That's exactly what it was, ignorant and rude! But I notice that in a lot of older people in my town. They just don't know when to keep their big mouths shut. If they don't like you, they'll let you know. If they thing your garden is a mess or if they think your curtains or ugly, they'll make it well known around town.

Just to even say that all americans are fat is rediculous! Ughhh, it makes me angry even thinking about her! Like I said, I've always known I was a big girl, but nobody in my entire life (not even in school!) has ever called me fat! I was never teased or anything. I hold grudges against those kinds of people, so she definitely better not expect me to say hello to her (or even acknowledge her existance) when she passes me on the street.

Oh, I'm sorry that lady was so rude! I know realistically that we are the heaviest country in comparison to others, but it is just plain bad manner and cruel to say that to someone. Even if she was from another country, there is no excuse for that...

lamiastella said:
Yes, most definitely!

About 2 weeks ago, my family and I went out to eat for lunch and in some German restaurants it is typical for multiple parties to sit at the same large table. Well, that was the case in point on that particular day.

So, there were 2 parties at the table, my family and 3 older ladies. So we had just ordered, and one of the older ladies asked me if I was from America since I said something in English to my mom. I said (in German) "Yes, why?" and she had the NERVE to say to me "You can see that you're from America. All the people in America are fat like you!" :censor::censor::censor::censor:

Oohhh, I was so angry and hurt! I ended up literally running down to the bathroom and crying in the stall. :cry: I'm usually not one who cries about things like those, mainly because nobody has said anything like that to me! I know that I'm a bigger girl, but I've never had anyone blatantly tell me that I'm FAT!

Oohhhh, I could have punched that old geezer in the face! :rant:[/quot

:wtf: :rant: Whooa, how rude is that!

How we all wish we have a witty/sarcastic retort for every unsolicated advice or comment that we get. There are sooooo many rude people around. Since I don't have the knack for quick answers, I just resort to my bubble thoughts. Just like in comic strips, I just think of insulting answers that I just keep to myself. How I wish I can say it out loud, but unlike those kinds of people, I have manners.

lamiastella said:
So, there were 2 parties at the table, my family and 3 older ladies. So we had just ordered, and one of the older ladies asked me if I was from America since I said something in English to my mom. I said (in German) "Yes, why?" and she had the NERVE to say to me "You can see that you're from America. All the people in America are fat like you!" :censor::censor::censor::censor:

:wtf: That is so rude and obnoxious. I can see why you were so upset and probably couldn't react because you were so stunned by their behavior! Some people are just ugly on the inside. Hang in there. No one deserves to be verbally assaulted like that, American or no.

I can see why you were so upset and probably couldn't react because you were so stunned by their behavior!

Exactly! I'm not one who typically goes off and runs to cry in the bathroom, but her bluntess in the way she said it was like a slap in the face! I couldn't even think of anything to say, and I tend to be the type of person who always has a come back if somebody says something nasty, lol!

I had a friend do weight watchers and she lost about 80 lbs and met her goal and this guy in weight watchers comes up to her and tells her she looked better fat and a few other comments, she was stunned and did not reply. I wish everyone could have a quick comment for these stupid people who drop insults and think they are above it.

lamiastella said:
Yes, most definitely!

About 2 weeks ago, my family and I went out to eat for lunch and in some German restaurants it is typical for multiple parties to sit at the same large table. Well, that was the case in point on that particular day.

Oohhh, I was so angry and hurt! I ended up literally running down to the bathroom and crying in the stall. :cry: I'm usually not one who cries about things like those, mainly because nobody has said anything like that to me! I know that I'm a bigger girl, but I've never had anyone blatantly tell me that I'm FAT!

Oohhhh, I could have punched that old geezer in the face! :rant:

WTF??? :wtf:

The NERVE of some people.