Argh! Paypal take the shine off my reveal to be....

Gosh Lady F, what a total pain in the bum! Have you switched banks or added a new bank account recently?? I've never had this problem with Paypal and I really hope it all works out for you. I'm sure it will. :smile:

Now, let's see some pics of your gorgeous Belgrave!!!

Gosh what a saga LadyF.
I'm sure it will all sort itself out in the end. Like you I'm trying to live without the credit card but my paypal a/c is linked to my cc not my bank account.
Thankfully the seller sounds very good and since you are honest and worried about this - I'm sure he will get his money through ok.
Don't let it take away your enjoyment of the bag.

Thanks ladies, you're lovely comments are helping me to cheer up - been very grumpy over last 24 hours.
Klp, sorry 'bout choosing this one over your Bays, just thought it would make a change to have a more unusual style iykwim. Still waiting to hear 'bout the Mabel, so you never know, a Bays may be on the cards still though!
Re the bank account, it was def showing as 'confirmed' on Paypal (and it let me pay for it as such), but I'd hadn't used it lately, as I've tended to have a credit balance in my Paypal a/c & paid for stuff out of that.
What was even more typical was that my 'back up' funding source was a debit card, which was only replaced the other week as was due to expire - I'd only just noticed today that it has a totally different card no to the 'old' one!

Lady F, I know you feel so bad, but its not your fault, you paid in good faith, and its a banking error, they should not have allowed the payment to go out in the first place if they money hadnt cleared, its just not good enough to try and revoke it afterwards - its completely a banking cock up, so try not to feel so down. You are so honest and it will get sorted.

I abhor Paypal, its such a nightmare, you pay what is is 4 percent now? and you get no help from them whatsoever.

Selling on ebay is so very expensive now, listing fees, huge end fees, and then you HAVE to allow a paypal payment as an option, and then you pay a further fee, and then it takes a week to clear unless you pay them a fiver extra!!

Its hard work now :biggrin:

I abhor Paypal, its such a nightmare, you pay what is is 4 percent now? and you get no help from them whatsoever.

Selling on ebay is so very expensive now, listing fees, huge end fees, and then you HAVE to allow a paypal payment as an option, and then you pay a further fee, and then it takes a week to clear unless you pay them a fiver extra!!

Its hard work now :biggrin:

I 100% agree with you on ebay and paypal chloe. Fees on fees on fees. Makes you think it's not worthwhile anymore.

poor you ladyf, must of been a nightmare..
its a beautiful bag tho i havent seen one before, hope you can enjoy it.. Congtats!
i had a ebay sale a few years back where i posted out an item i sold the seller paid by paypal then about a week later they contacted me and said a fraudulent card had been used and they took funds away i was fuming as it took a week and i had posted out item lost that and postage too, hope it all works out for you...

I'm very sorry you had so much drama with PayPal, Lady F. I have to say that I find them not very co-operative when trying to deal with a problem. I hope you will be able to enjoy your beautiful new bag now and not think back over the hassle you had with this!