Argh! Paypal take the shine off my reveal to be....

Lovely! And it's so practical too. I had a fake :sad: oak and blond at one time (before I knew aout tPF) an dI loved the style. Couldn't bond with it being fake though....otherwise it was fab!!

So, there was I, thinking everything was 'tickety boo', but yesterday, I logged onto my Online Banking & saw the money hadn't gone out yet.
Thought it was abit weird, as I'd had a receipt for my Paypal payment, seller had obviously had their money, and yet I'd not 'paid' for it yet??
Then went onto Paypal, and that's when the nightmare unfolded...

Basically, Paypal are saying that they'd requested the money from my Bank, who'd had a 'bank processing error' (paypal's words there) and so the money hadn't been sent from my account, to my Paypal account.

Not a problem (or so I thought), I'll just use the 'send money' option to re-imburse my now negative Paypal balance...

However, the next minute, I find out the seller has had their receipt reversed off their Paypal account, so I've got the bag but the seller hasn't got the money!!

I tried to ring Paypal 3 times last night - and got cut off each time.

I therefore rang my Bank, who are adamant they'd never even been 'asked' to send any money to Paypal - they say, the problem must lie with Paypal, not them!!

Oh what a nightmare lady F. The poor seller must be distraught to as he obviously doesn't know you and that you will pay him. So what will happen now?

Sorry, forgot to say that it is a stunning bag.

Anyway, sorry to string this out.
I offered to pay the seller direct from my bank to theirs, but that would've still left the issue with a so say negative paypal balance.
I'd already requested to send money from my bank account to Paypal, but (given it didn't seem to work first time around, when I supposedly bought the bag in the first place) I didn't hold out much hope of it working again - espec as it takes '7-9 working days' (as they quote).
After quite a restless night, I managed to get hold of Paypal by phone first thing this morning and offered to settle my balance over the phone by debit card.
They've told me this has now worked (my Paypal account is back in the black), and that the seller would get their money back within 24 hours.

Can't help but feel uneasy still - having just checked my Online Banking again, the money still hasn't been 'earmarked' - surely this isn't going to backfire yet again??

All this has put the dampers on my bag - frankly, I'm worried it looks like I bought the bag, knowingly not having the means to pay for it (when I have - otherwise I wouldn't have had to ask if he'd wait until I was paid!!). I daren't use it yet iykwim....

Actually Elvis, that's whats making it all the worse - the seller has been absolutely lovely throughout this - hasn't been 'nasty' at all, and yet tbh, he has every right to be angry.

If I tell you that the same thing happened on the same day with another expensive Non Mulberry item I 'bought' too, you'll see how worried I've been.

What concerns me, is (having sold on Ebay before and willingly posted items out upon receipt of the funds into my Paypal account) I wasn't aware they could potentially 'reverse' off the credit!!

If it doesn't work again, I suppose I could pay both sellers direct, then ask them to advise Paypal the original transaction was cancelled (therefore ensuring my Paypal Balance is reimbursed back to 'nil' rather than stay negative). It's galling that Paypal obviously have the money in suspense somewhere

Omg lady f this is awful. How worrying for you and I must admit as a seller on eBay it's worrying for me that I could sell a bag to someone and then have the payment reversed and be without bag and payment.

What does paypal say about this? Thank goodness you are so honest but what would happen to the seller if you were not so honest. Would paypal cover the cost themselves?

Gorgeous bag by the way. I'm so sorry that your joy has been taken away by this happening.

What a complete pain!!! It bugs me enough when it does those silly paypal cheques -that would drive me demented but at least the sellers are ok with it- try not to worry too much and dont let it spoil the enjoyment of that lovely bag!!

Thanks everyone - I'm not sure what year the style comes from Elvis. A Fellow TPFr helped me out (thanks, you know who you are!!) with advice on the size, pros/cons etc etc, and I have to say I love it!

Variety is the spice of life isn't it?

(anyone come across this before with Paypal?)

Last edited: