Argento and Brunito owners--how is the finish holding up?

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
I'm curious how the finish is wearing so far. I'm considering the re-make of the iron bag in brunito, but I pause because of my concerns about how the finish will wear. I have an armatura card case that I bought in Honolulu, and my SA told me that I should expect the finish to burnish (rub off) over time. I'm okay with that for the card case, and I think it will add character to the piece. I actually don't handle it that often, so it still looks great. From what I can tell the brunito finish looks like it's similarly applied. I may end up using it regularly, so I'm hesitating about the potential wear pattern that might develop on it.

I also am curious about how "blingy" it is under different lighting--the lighting at my local Neiman's isn't the best for assessing color, unfortunately. Is it suitable for day/office use? Brunito seems fairly dark without being black, so it might work year-round for me, but I don't want to have to replace this bag for a very long time. If I weren't planning to use it for work, the wear issue might not concern me as much.... Alternatively, I might consider tourmaline or light gray, or just wait for another color to come around.

Thanks for any help!

Hi blur iris,
I have this card case in the brunito finish with no wear to date. Have only had it since September. I'm considering the iron in brunito as well. I don't think the color is too blingy. Would love to hear from someone who has owned a metallic bag for a longer period of time to weigh in on wear and tear. Thanks for this post.

My Argento haul is holding up quite well. No noticeable wear at all. I've been carrying the Argento zip wallet for the past month.

I have the seamless shopper's tote in brunito. I've carried it everyday since Labor Day. Other than being a bit slouchier, it looks brand new.......and my bags get bounced around during the day.

I had posted a sighting of a brunito Veneta but now I think I was mistaken about the color. It was a metallic but a coppery brown. Does anyone have an idea what the color may be, or was the Veneta even made in brunito? It was beautiful and wished I had asked.... TIA

I had posted a sighting of a brunito Veneta but now I think I was mistaken about the color. It was a metallic but a coppery brown. Does anyone have an idea what the color may be, or was the Veneta even made in brunito? It was beautiful and wished I had asked.... TIA

I saw your post in the sighting thread. I think the bag is the copper Rame from 2008- ish. I have a small zip coin purse in copper Rame. I'll post a photo when I get home tonight. The veneta is not available in Brunito or Argento.

I saw your post in the sighting thread. I think the bag is the copper Rame from 2008- ish. I have a small zip coin purse in copper Rame. I'll post a photo when I get home tonight. The veneta is not available in Brunito or Argento.
Yes :yes: I was just about to post the same. I also think it is 2008 Copper Rame (Metallic Copper)
Even if the Veneta was available in Brunito, it would have the new style handle.

I have been using my argento pillow bag for two months now Iand it's holding up very well!

I also have a Veneta in Copper Rame for a looooong time and it's looking great.