Argento and Brunito owners--how is the finish holding up?

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
I'm curious how the finish is wearing so far. I'm considering the re-make of the iron bag in brunito, but I pause because of my concerns about how the finish will wear. I have an armatura card case that I bought in Honolulu, and my SA told me that I should expect the finish to burnish (rub off) over time. I'm okay with that for the card case, and I think it will add character to the piece. I actually don't handle it that often, so it still looks great. From what I can tell the brunito finish looks like it's similarly applied. I may end up using it regularly, so I'm hesitating about the potential wear pattern that might develop on it.

I also am curious about how "blingy" it is under different lighting--the lighting at my local Neiman's isn't the best for assessing color, unfortunately. Is it suitable for day/office use? Brunito seems fairly dark without being black, so it might work year-round for me, but I don't want to have to replace this bag for a very long time. If I weren't planning to use it for work, the wear issue might not concern me as much.... Alternatively, I might consider tourmaline or light gray, or just wait for another color to come around.

Thanks for any help!

hazeleyes25

May 1, 2014
Hi blur iris,
I have this card case in the brunito finish with no wear to date. Have only had it since September. I'm considering the iron in brunito as well. I don't think the color is too blingy. Would love to hear from someone who has owned a metallic bag for a longer period of time to weigh in on wear and tear. Thanks for this post.

LLANeedle

O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
I have the seamless shopper's tote in brunito. I've carried it everyday since Labor Day. Other than being a bit slouchier, it looks brand new.......and my bags get bounced around during the day.

crivers

Jul 1, 2015
I had posted a sighting of a brunito Veneta but now I think I was mistaken about the color. It was a metallic but a coppery brown. Does anyone have an idea what the color may be, or was the Veneta even made in brunito? It was beautiful and wished I had asked.... TIA

Mousse

Boston Strong
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
I had posted a sighting of a brunito Veneta but now I think I was mistaken about the color. It was a metallic but a coppery brown. Does anyone have an idea what the color may be, or was the Veneta even made in brunito? It was beautiful and wished I had asked.... TIA

I saw your post in the sighting thread. I think the bag is the copper Rame from 2008- ish. I have a small zip coin purse in copper Rame. I'll post a photo when I get home tonight. The veneta is not available in Brunito or Argento.

V0N1B2

Armchair Supermodel
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2009
I saw your post in the sighting thread. I think the bag is the copper Rame from 2008- ish. I have a small zip coin purse in copper Rame. I'll post a photo when I get home tonight. The veneta is not available in Brunito or Argento.
Yes :yes: I was just about to post the same. I also think it is 2008 Copper Rame (Metallic Copper)
Even if the Veneta was available in Brunito, it would have the new style handle.