Argan Oil, What brand do you recommend? And, where do I buy it??

kiuty77

O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
I tried the search option but really was unable to find the specific info I was hoping for, as there are not that many threads about where or what brand to buy.

I am fairly new to the concept of argan oil and would love to use it on my hair and skin (and face). I spoke with a lady from the Kiehl's counter at Nordies and she said the argan oil they carry is not 100% argan oil. It is mixed with other types of oil like olive oil, etc. So, that doesn't sound like I can put it on my face.

Josie Maran's product is pricey but is carried in my local Sephora's and I've tried calling several Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, and Fruitful Yield, but with no luck. They just don't carry it.

Sorry about the long post, now comes my question(s). For the ones who are currently using Argan oil for your face and hair, where did you buy yours and how much did it cost you (and please let me know the brand and the size of bottle too please)?

TIA!!:smile:

Reactions: megeve12
I love Moroccan Oil as well - the Oil, Shampoo/Conditioner, and Styling Cream are absolute staples for me. Well worth the price - but if you want to try some and don't want to pay for an entire bottle, look for the smaller trial-size bottle. It lasts a good while and will give you an idea of how the products works. :smile:

I love Moroccan Oil as well - the Oil, Shampoo/Conditioner, and Styling Cream are absolute staples for me. Well worth the price - but if you want to try some and don't want to pay for an entire bottle, look for the smaller trial-size bottle. It lasts a good while and will give you an idea of how the products works. :smile:

great suggestion to try trial sizes...at least with HSN if you

order and don't like it, you can return it...:yahoo:

Thank you ladies so much for the helpful replies. I have a few more questions.

Can the Morrocan oil be applied to face? I read the website on Amazon but I thought it was just for hair. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The signature A from the HSN, can it be applied to face as well?

I got a little sample of Josie Maran's argan oil from Sephora. Hopefully I won't break out.

Moroccan Oil is for your hair and not 100% Argan oil (full of silicone based products).

Here is the ingredient listing (note how far down argan oil is..); Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

I can suggest this brand, that can be found at Whole Food :http://aaasheabutter.com/index.php?pr=Uses_of_Argan_Oil

Thank you ladies so much for the helpful replies. I have a few more questions.

Can the Morrocan oil be applied to face? I read the website on Amazon but I thought it was just for hair. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The signature A from the HSN, can it be applied to face as well?

I got a little sample of Josie Maran's argan oil from Sephora. Hopefully I won't break out.

Yes, the Signature A argan oil can be applied to your face

and for what ever the reason might be, if you are not happy using it

you can return it for a full refund..:yahoo:

DC-Cutie, hotshot, Loquita, vhdos: Thank you very much for your reply :urock:

DC-Cutie and hotshot: Thank you very very much for being so helpful. I am definitely going to check out those brands you mentioned!! :tup:

^^ interesting. Thank you for the reply. I guess it's true "you are what you eat". lol

I have heard argan oil can be used for cooking/seasoning. Wonder how it would taste.

just found out this, thought I'd share.

"The cosmetic grade oil is extracted from the raw Argan nut and is readily absorbed by the skin. Be sure you are buying Cosmetic Grade Argan oil. It is different from the culinary version of the oil, which is produced from the roasted nut to give it flavor, and does not have the same benefits when applied to the skin."

I guess I cannot buy the cooking oil and rub on my face then.

I use the Jose Maran 100% Argan oil on the fragile skin around my eyes as a night treatment and I apply a drop or two to my clean wet hair in the morning. My bottle has lasted a long time only using a few drops at a time. I originally thought I might find Argan oil at Whole Foods, but my local store doesn't carry it.

I'm also looking into Argan Oil too. I heard there sold at Sally's Beauty Supply for under $10 a bottle, and plan to check it out this weekend.

Try searching "Argan Oil" at MakeupAlley.com. I found a lot of good reviews there on diff brands.

I'm also looking into Argan Oil too. I heard there sold at Sally's Beauty Supply for under $10 a bottle, and plan to check it out this weekend.

Try searching "Argan Oil" at MakeupAlley.com. I found a lot of good reviews there on diff brands.

the Argan oil from Sally's isn't 100%. Here is the ingredient listing:

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100)

it's full of -cones and yellow & red coloring :sad: