Are YSL bags' designs long-lasting?

Dear all,

I've been contemplating to purchase my first YSL bag. It's between Downtown vs Rive Gauche. However, I want to buy a bag that lasts through seasons and not wear it a year later and look so outdated (know what I mean?). Do you think either if these bags will have that status? I need your most honest opinion... Will I be better off buying Balenciaga/Chanel as they are known for their classic-ness?

I love the Downtown bag as it is very chic. I love the Rive Gauche cos its very versatile, can be worn on the shoulder (chic), longer strap/ sling across the body (good when I'm traveling or with kids).

So what do you think? Your opinions are greatly appreciated :girlsigh:

The downtown has been around a while, and in mu opinion, is crossing over to classic status. It obviously is becoming a permanent part of their line.

Just stay away from the trendy colors in whichever you go with...pick a classic color.

I worry about that more with the muse since it is SO distinct and copied. But it is still going strong too...

Hello :smile: Both bags you're considering are great choices and timeless.
They're shaped differently (that would be one aspect to consider) so it really depends on what you prefer.
They're also available in different colors and skins.
Pick one that you know you'll love using,fit your lifestyle and go with almost everything you have.:yes: Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Melissa Ann - as long as you pick a classic colour...

But chanel bags are definitely timeless - they seem to be getting more popular throughout the ages, with frequent price increases and what-nots. However, I think the YSL bags that you're considering seem more practical than a chanel flap bag, so it depends what you want to use the bag for. I think you'll get great wear out those YSL bags

They last extremely long and stay in good condition. Quite durable and worth the price. I get the YSL quirky bags. Great conversation pieces and VERY drowl worthy.

I do not own any YSL "classic" piece and I prefer it that way. My bags can never be counterfeits. No need...because they are not popular ysl bags.

Some can - I think the Muse will be. The fact that re-issued it (in new colors) and used it in one of their campaign ads with Kate Moss this season makes me think so too.

I think that YSL bags are timeless. They produce unique designs that have a style of their own. Knock offs are limited. I attended an event on Sunday and carried one of my Mombasa's and it looked very up to date.