Are your Coach purchases slowing down?

leggeks

O.G.
Jun 13, 2009
I think there are several reasons why I'm slowing down:
  1. I know things will ALWAYS hit the outlet (I don't listen to SA's that say... "You'll never see xy or z at the outlet"
  2. I know what styles I really like and don't like... no more impulse buying.
  3. More in love with scarves and fobs to accessorize what I do have.
  4. Gotten out of the habit of saying I "need" this or that. I really don't.
I just find I'm not scoping out ebay for deals or reading about all the new stuff on here. Last month I think I made my last two purchases for a while. I'm really happy with what I do have and think I'm going to clean house on some I've out grown or rarely used.

Then again..... it could just be spring and I always get in the mood during spring to simplify and clean house! But I really hope not to get in a frenzy again like last summer. :upsidedown:

I have!!!! I have been buying only what I absolutley love. If I have to think to much about whether I want it or not, I don't get it.
I also used to buy a lot at the outlets just beacause I got a good deal, not because I loved the bag. I have stopped doing that. I know what I want and what I am looking for and I don't see it I leave.
I also have been doing more shopping on bonanzle and eBay looking for older bags I want to add to my collection.

Unfortunately my outlet never gets anything good, so if I love something I need to buy it at the boutique. I am trying to cut back because I know I will like the fall line better. I resisted buying the Turquoise Kristin because I know the color, as much as I love it, was not practical for me. This was hard to do especially with PCE!

Only because I now already own everything that I wanted from my outlet's recent inventory! I refuse to buy FP anymore, so I'll just wait for them to restock some FP items. Then Im sure I'll speed back up again!

I've slowed down a lot due to:
1. curbing my spending in general
2. not having the extra to spend (haha)

I haven't purchased a Coach item since mid-October, although I did get a mini skinny for Christmas. I have a decent variety of bags and I don't really feel the need for more...I also haven't been that interested in anything new. I am getting more into using wristlets on a daily basis and so I would like to purchase a few new ones this year but compared to how I was when I first got into Coach, I have slowed down a TON.

Part of the reason for slowing down (aside from the money thing) is that I used to buy with the whole buy/sell/trade mentality and now I want to only buy new (no eBay or anything) AND keep everything I buy...or if I get rid of it, i'll give it to friends or family instead of selling online. It keeps me a bit more particular because the item needs to be something I really LOVE, not an impulse purchase.

Mine have slowed down, but it's mostly because I HATE my outlet and that's where I did 90% of my Coach shopping. I'm really into the accessories though!! I just had 8 items to reveal that I've received over the course of the last 3 weeks. Only 1 item was a bag, and it was purchased pre-loved with a specific purpose in mind!!!

No

I was only going to buy 4 bags all year and I have purchased 6 as of March.
I have purchased all the matching accessories for my bags - all my bags..
I also have gotten into buying more Coach shoes 2 more this year...

I need to stop now but I really want the Le-Tan line and I want a Purple bag...

Mine has slowed down due to defective returns... :sad:
My SA are starting to feel bad for me and my luck lately.
Returned..
Patent Ivory Brooke.. yellowed after 2 weeks.
Black & Periwinkle slim envelope wallets... credit cards rubbed leather and wore it to the bone.. (Periwinkle only used for a week) (Black used for a month)
Large Quilted Alex tote with logo on the front.. :sad:... patent was peeling where the straps meet.... used 4 times.
Purple jem Fob... the back was BADLY scratched.. never used.. noticed when I got home.

So needless to say... I've been REAL pickey lately.. I did get a FULL refund on EVERYTING... but I miss my Alex tote the most... out of stock...:sad:

I am not buying as much because I think Coach is doing more quanity not quality like they did 5- 10 years ago.
I guess it just gives me more time to use the things I already have..♥

I rarely buy a Coach bag anymore unless it's a gift -- the larger, more unique leather bags I like have just gotten completely overpriced IMO and I moved on to other brands - mainly BE, Balenciaga and Gucci. I do still love their accessories however and buy a lot of scarves, jewelry, shoes, etc. I do buy a lot of gifts at the outlet especially for DD and MIL - they both love Coach. Also, knowing that the bags are hitting the outlets so soon has stopped me from buying them from FP as well.

I know my main reason for my slow down is I'm not working. And unemployment doesn't pay what I was bringing home before I got laid off. Also I know eventually the bags I want will go to the outlet. And last thing I only buy what really gets my attention rather it be at Coach, Macys, ebay etc.. But I get a new job ill be back on it. Lol!

I know my main reason for my slow down is I'm not working. And unemployment doesn't pay what I was bringing home before I got laid off. Also I know eventually the bags I want will go to the outlet. And last thing I only buy what really gets my attention rather it be at Coach, Macys, ebay etc.. But I get a new job ill be back on it. Lol!

I hope you find a job soon! Good luck!

my outlet in Va stinks and nothng really has struck my attention other than the Python Satchel but that was with PCE. Unless the fall/winter line has something out of this world then not also I find myself wearing the same ones that must mean they are my favs.