Are your Coach purchases slowing down?

leggeks

O.G.
Jun 13, 2009
Georgia
I think there are several reasons why I'm slowing down:
  1. I know things will ALWAYS hit the outlet (I don't listen to SA's that say... "You'll never see xy or z at the outlet"
  2. I know what styles I really like and don't like... no more impulse buying.
  3. More in love with scarves and fobs to accessorize what I do have.
  4. Gotten out of the habit of saying I "need" this or that. I really don't.
I just find I'm not scoping out ebay for deals or reading about all the new stuff on here. Last month I think I made my last two purchases for a while. I'm really happy with what I do have and think I'm going to clean house on some I've out grown or rarely used.

Then again..... it could just be spring and I always get in the mood during spring to simplify and clean house! But I really hope not to get in a frenzy again like last summer. :upsidedown:

smoore

Aug 26, 2009
Austin TX
I have!!!! I have been buying only what I absolutley love. If I have to think to much about whether I want it or not, I don't get it.
I also used to buy a lot at the outlets just beacause I got a good deal, not because I loved the bag. I have stopped doing that. I know what I want and what I am looking for and I don't see it I leave.
I also have been doing more shopping on bonanzle and eBay looking for older bags I want to add to my collection.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
Unfortunately my outlet never gets anything good, so if I love something I need to buy it at the boutique. I am trying to cut back because I know I will like the fall line better. I resisted buying the Turquoise Kristin because I know the color, as much as I love it, was not practical for me. This was hard to do especially with PCE!

Jul 25, 2007
Only because I now already own everything that I wanted from my outlet's recent inventory! I refuse to buy FP anymore, so I'll just wait for them to restock some FP items. Then Im sure I'll speed back up again!

alatrop

O.G.
May 2, 2006
Midwest
I've slowed down a lot due to:
1. curbing my spending in general
2. not having the extra to spend (haha)

I haven't purchased a Coach item since mid-October, although I did get a mini skinny for Christmas. I have a decent variety of bags and I don't really feel the need for more...I also haven't been that interested in anything new. I am getting more into using wristlets on a daily basis and so I would like to purchase a few new ones this year but compared to how I was when I first got into Coach, I have slowed down a TON.

Part of the reason for slowing down (aside from the money thing) is that I used to buy with the whole buy/sell/trade mentality and now I want to only buy new (no eBay or anything) AND keep everything I buy...or if I get rid of it, i'll give it to friends or family instead of selling online. It keeps me a bit more particular because the item needs to be something I really LOVE, not an impulse purchase.

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Mine have slowed down, but it's mostly because I HATE my outlet and that's where I did 90% of my Coach shopping. I'm really into the accessories though!! I just had 8 items to reveal that I've received over the course of the last 3 weeks. Only 1 item was a bag, and it was purchased pre-loved with a specific purpose in mind!!!

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
An ever changing life with Steady Love...
No

I was only going to buy 4 bags all year and I have purchased 6 as of March.
I have purchased all the matching accessories for my bags - all my bags..
I also have gotten into buying more Coach shoes 2 more this year...

I need to stop now but I really want the Le-Tan line and I want a Purple bag...

swags

O.G.
Nov 23, 2008
I've slowed down. I am trying to carry and enjoy the bags I do have. I haven't been going to the outlet so that I won't be tempted.

Nutz4Coach

And Treesje Obessed
Sep 15, 2009
Mine has slowed down due to defective returns... :sad:
My SA are starting to feel bad for me and my luck lately.
Returned..
Patent Ivory Brooke.. yellowed after 2 weeks.
Black & Periwinkle slim envelope wallets... credit cards rubbed leather and wore it to the bone.. (Periwinkle only used for a week) (Black used for a month)
Large Quilted Alex tote with logo on the front.. :sad:... patent was peeling where the straps meet.... used 4 times.
Purple jem Fob... the back was BADLY scratched.. never used.. noticed when I got home.

So needless to say... I've been REAL pickey lately.. I did get a FULL refund on EVERYTING... but I miss my Alex tote the most... out of stock...:sad:

I am not buying as much because I think Coach is doing more quanity not quality like they did 5- 10 years ago.
I guess it just gives me more time to use the things I already have..♥

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
California
I rarely buy a Coach bag anymore unless it's a gift -- the larger, more unique leather bags I like have just gotten completely overpriced IMO and I moved on to other brands - mainly BE, Balenciaga and Gucci. I do still love their accessories however and buy a lot of scarves, jewelry, shoes, etc. I do buy a lot of gifts at the outlet especially for DD and MIL - they both love Coach. Also, knowing that the bags are hitting the outlets so soon has stopped me from buying them from FP as well.

Pursefreak25

Toya T
Nov 29, 2006
Fort Worth,Texas
I know my main reason for my slow down is I'm not working. And unemployment doesn't pay what I was bringing home before I got laid off. Also I know eventually the bags I want will go to the outlet. And last thing I only buy what really gets my attention rather it be at Coach, Macys, ebay etc.. But I get a new job ill be back on it. Lol!

leggeks

O.G.
Jun 13, 2009
Georgia
I know my main reason for my slow down is I'm not working. And unemployment doesn't pay what I was bringing home before I got laid off. Also I know eventually the bags I want will go to the outlet. And last thing I only buy what really gets my attention rather it be at Coach, Macys, ebay etc.. But I get a new job ill be back on it. Lol!
I hope you find a job soon! Good luck!

annie1

Sep 12, 2009
Virginia/Ireland
my outlet in Va stinks and nothng really has struck my attention other than the Python Satchel but that was with PCE. Unless the fall/winter line has something out of this world then not also I find myself wearing the same ones that must mean they are my favs.