Are you "Ugging" it this year?

Cat Lover said:
Eugin,
I know I've had boots that were like Uggs in the past, and I bought a suede cleaner for five bucks that worked just fine. Though, if they sell a special cleaner just for Uggs, that might be even better.

Now for a question.. do all of you wear your Uggs with socks or not? I went to buy my pair today, and I was worried that a size 8 might be too tight if I wore socks, and the salesgirl was rude and told me that "you're not supposed to wear socks with them." I didn't end up buying them because I don't like buying from rude/pushy salespeople, but I was wondering what everyone else does - socks or not? :Push:

Cat Lover,

Thanks for your tip. I think I will buy the Ugg cleaner online and see how that works. In regards to your question, I would wear socks(not super thick ones) since I'll be wearing them mainly during the winter and it would feel weird not wearing socks in the freezing cold even with warm boots. Plus, I plan to wear them to work and switch to regular shoes in the building so I'll be wearing dress socks anyways.

Cat Lover said:
Eugin,
I know I've had boots that were like Uggs in the past, and I bought a suede cleaner for five bucks that worked just fine. Though, if they sell a special cleaner just for Uggs, that might be even better.

Now for a question.. do all of you wear your Uggs with socks or not? I went to buy my pair today, and I was worried that a size 8 might be too tight if I wore socks, and the salesgirl was rude and told me that "you're not supposed to wear socks with them." I didn't end up buying them because I don't like buying from rude/pushy salespeople, but I was wondering what everyone else does - socks or not? :Push:

I actually don't like the UGG cleaner...I bought it when I bought my sand colored uggs and the cleaner darkened them. I used a regular suede cleaning kit after the ugg cleaner and it restored them to like new condition. Since then I've only used the suede cleaner.

Regarding socks...I do NOT wear with socks....and on the COLDEST day my feet are STILL super duper warm. In the winter I tend to have them on my feet from morning til bedtime. If I'm going someplace where I'll need to change out of my uggs or take them off (like friends who don't allow shoes) I bring a pair of socks with and put them on after taking off my uggs. For those of you who want to wear them with tights..I've seen some footless tights come out specifically for wearing with boots. I know spanx has a pair and they advertise it so that you could look like you were wearing tights and still have a sock on under your boot (without doubling them up). I thought this was FANTASTIC as I wear tights with boots (although usually my dress boots not UGGS) and am always putting on the tights and then a sock. Now I won't need too!

I noticed that uggs only come in whole sizes. Do they run big or small? if you were a 7.5, would you get an 8 or a 7 (in the clogs, not the boots)?

Faith said:
I noticed that uggs only come in whole sizes. Do they run big or small? if you were a 7.5, would you get an 8 or a 7 (in the clogs, not the boots)?

Faith, I find that UGGs fit different depending on style of the boot. My shoe size is 8 US (39 Italian) and I took 7 in Ultra Ugg (thicker rubber sole) and Sundance II and 8 in Classic Ugg style. I hope this helps.

I am def. UGGing this winter!!! UGGs are THE BEST in our good ol' Canadian winter!!! Plus, I ski and spend WAY too much time at the hockey arena!!!:nuts: I would freeze if I didn't own them!!!

I think Uggs are pretty true to their size. I'm usually an 8.5, and I'll probably end up in the 8s because the 9s were huge on me.

Also, what does everyone think of these Uggs? I saw them on NM's website and liked them, but I wasn't sure if I should get a pair of classic talls first (or maybe both :graucho:).

Attachments

• uggs.jpg
    uggs.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 477
Cat Lover said:
I think Uggs are pretty true to their size. I'm usually an 8.5, and I'll probably end up in the 8s because the 9s were huge on me.

Also, what does everyone think of these Uggs? I saw them on NM's website and liked them, but I wasn't sure if I should get a pair of classic talls first (or maybe both :graucho:).

SO CUTE! If you're one of those who wants them for the comfort not for the style go with classic..but if you want them fashionable too...these are BEAUTIFUL!

Cat Lover said:

Cat Lover, I adore this new style of Uggs. They're called Catalina.

1634-HNBN-PROD.jpg

I didn't know these existed this morning when I bought the La Jolla shorties this morning. They were the last pair in my size at Zappos, but now I'm thinking about going with the Catalina's.

shoes_iaec1007465.jpg

shoeangel said:
Cat Lover, I adore this new style of Uggs. They're called Catalina.

1634-HNBN-PROD.jpg

I didn't know these existed this morning when I bought the La Jolla shorties this morning. They were the last pair in my size at Zappos, but now I'm thinking about going with the Catalina's.

shoes_iaec1007465.jpg

I'll be happy with the short boots. I saw these boots on a cute girl today, and they looked adorable with her denim mini and cropped brown tights. I loved the look. I can't wait for them to arrive.