Are you thinking of trying anything new?

beggarbaby

why not?
Jul 28, 2010
I've been eying the light colored stuff too but it's terrible with my complexion. Then again, I like it on others and I never notice their complexion. I have no idea what I would really get though...

pr1nc355

Orange Pyramid
O.G.
May 24, 2006
Congratulations on the skinny jeans! I was a late starter too after wearing bootcuts for years, thought I couldn't ever wear skinnies due to my body shape and reading so much fashion advice for bootcuts to balance out your hips blah blah :lol: well I love my skinnies so much! It's just about finding the right pair. I found my bootcuts a few weeks ago and tried them - and threw them out - just too much fabric flapping around now for me :lol:, I did buy some straight legged jeans for when I need a heel. But for now, skinnies all the way :biggrin:
Oh, yeah. I bought into this for years, too. I'm grateful God gave me an hourglass shape, but when skinny jeans started becoming "the norm", I felt I had to shrug my shoulders and sit it out. ITA that finding the right pair can turn it around. I also think that denim companies got better at expanding their lines to include jeans that include women of different body types as the trend caught on. For example, the Current/Elliott jeans I ordered (Saks was able to find my size!) weren't around when I first started seeing skinny jeans, but when I finally tried them on a couple of months ago, I nearly jumped up and down from being so excited to find that, yes I too can wear skinnies. I found a defect in those jeans, so I didn't buy that particular pair, but I was able to find a pair of cords and jeans from Isabel Marant that worked for me immediately after that.

Last edited:

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I've bought an oversize top (which I tried 10 years ago and didn't like on me). What's different is this one is not a thick fabric but made of silk twill so left loose or worn with a belt it looks more Art Deco and streamlined rather than '00s revival 1980s club-style and the body can still be seen underneath with the play of sheen/shadow