Are You Supersititous ??

I don't walk under ladders, don't open umbrellas indoors, and I'm super careful around Friday the 13. Three years ago I was in a car accident on that day, and this year I was in an accident the day after, January 14. I should just avoid driving around that time :blink: I think I get it from my grandmother, she's very superstitious.

I'm not but my best friend is. Most of the time I don't even get it that it's Friday 13th. But what I hate as well is walking under a ladder because I always when it crashes I'll look like "crepe suzette".

Yes, but not in the traditional sense. I don't care about black cats, Friday the 13th, walking under ladders, etc, but I have to hold my breath when driving under powerlines (could not tell you why), and when I cross my fingers I have to do it on both hands, or my left hand only, cos otherwise the universe will think I'm lying.

Yes, I am a freak.

Unfortunately deaths/misfortune in my family happen in threes...Also I won't wear opals since I have heard that if the opal is not your birthstone and you wear it, it brings bad luck. I was given an opal ring 2 years ago, wore it......and had a run of bad luck.

I hear you about the threes thing. My grandma said that since we're Japanese, bad things happen in 3s. I am not really too into that kind of thing, but sometimes it holds true. I don't really plan my life around superstitions though.

OK, I admit this is a wierd one. But you know how the aliens/monsters always come out of the sewers in the movies? Well, just to be on the safe side whenever I walk over a grate in the street or sidewalk, I will call out (under my breath, of course, so no one will lock me up as a loonie) to whatever lives in there. Something like, "Hey guys! Just me. Remember to not eat me when you take over the world, OK?"