Are you super OCD protective about your bags?

OH WOW! Love the posts this morning!

I've used these tricks on a flight -

1. Pull out all the magazines and safety info from the front seat pocket, lay them out in front of me and put my bag on top. Probably not clean either but hey it keeps my bag from touching the floor.

2. If my bag is small enough I keep it on my lap (or in between me and the next seat) and throw a magazine, book or blanket on top. Always works haha the flight attendants have no idea I'm disobeying their instructions to put my bag on the floor ��

Katheerine, what a clever little trick with the magazines. Just FYI, that seat pocket has been tested to be the dirtiest place on an airplane. ICK! You gotta imagine ALL that people have put in there. <shudder>

I do that same thing on the plane too. I will have my bag in my lap, throw my jacket over it and just put a couple magazines on top. They never know! :whistle:

I don't really baby my Givenchy bags. I've walked with them during light rain and also place them on the floor underneath the airplane seat in front of me.

However, I do have a few rules:

1. At work, I have a special basket where I place my bag inside which is then tucked underneath my desk. I don't want any permanent marker stains or glue-covered hands of second graders touching my bags.

2. I never place them on the floor when I step outside my apartment. That's just looking for unwanted trouble.

I think that's it. Oh this is something weird, but I have a nickname for each of my 3 Givenchys. Lol.

Awww, Milk! Are you a teacher?? That is so sweet. My daughter just finished 2nd grade. I helped in the class every other week...ugh, school kids are sooooo filthy!

I name my Givenchys AND my Balenciagas. We understand...

I don't like it bumping into people or having them near people. I'm also quite careful about them when I'm eating out.

I had my medium Ant in the grocery store one time and some guy sped right past me and bumped my Ant! OMG! I was checking that bag like crazy in the middle of the produce section. I was so pissed that he did that. Thank goodness, she was fine.

I'm super protective of my Pandora but somehow the corners have managed to get a little scuffed &#65533;&#65533;

If you want to give your Panda's corners a bit more protection, check out the care thread. I use a product called Zelikovitz Top Coat (I just call it Z-coat). I use it on the corners of my Panda and the piping/corners of my Balenciagas. Works very well at giving those delicate corners a bit more protection.

Here is the link to my Pandora care products thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/givenchy/products-to-help-pepe-leather-862362.html

Bathrooms are a no go, unless my BF is with me (he is qualified to hold the bag). Similarly, there is a bag supervisor hierarchy. I am first, obviously, then the BF, purely because he knows what will happen to his guitar collection if he lets any harm come to the bag while he is in possession of it. There are others but it rarely gets this far...

When the public bathroom stall is missing a hook, I just throw the bag around my neck and/or shoulder. It is awkward but no way is the bag touching that floor!

Last edited:
Ha! Me too! I guess I am even more OCD yet because I would never put any of my bags on the floor anywhere! I have a space on my desk at work that is covered and secluded so nothing touches my bag! I was sitting in a restaurant across from my freight the other day...there was not an extra chair by me so I was holding my bag on my lap. My friend reached across to put my bag on the chair by her...and I would not give it to her LOL! She thinks I am crazy.,.

Ha! Me too! I guess I am even more OCD yet because I would never put any of my bags on the floor anywhere! I have a space on my desk at work that is covered and secluded so nothing touches my bag! I was sitting in a restaurant across from my freight the other day...there was not an extra chair by me so I was holding my bag on my lap. My friend reached across to put my bag on the chair by her...and I would not give it to her LOL! She thinks I am crazy.,.

We are right there with you in cray-cray :cray: land! :ghi5:

Awww, Milk! Are you a teacher?? That is so sweet. My daughter just finished 2nd grade. I helped in the class every other week...ugh, school kids are sooooo filthy!

Yes I'm a Grade Two class teacher! Which is why a male carrying Givenchy bags to work is not really your typical teacher in an elementary school. Lol. And it's very sweet of you to be helping out in the classroom! Just watch out where you put your bag down in the class!

Yes I'm a Grade Two class teacher! Which is why a male carrying Givenchy bags to work is not really your typical teacher in an elementary school. Lol. And it's very sweet of you to be helping out in the classroom! Just watch out where you put your bag down in the class!

Oh believe me I watch where and how. I also helped in my son's kindergarten class...oh those nasty little hands! I usually wore my mini panda so it stayed on me the WHOLE time!

Depends on the material and price of the handbags. If its made of canvas or coated canvas and if its something from ZARA I don't baby the bag that much but if its leather and from any designer brand I'm very protective of my babies.

I always carry plastic grocery bag in all of my leather handbag just in case of a rain. I just shove my bag inside the plastic bag and voila I have a instant "bag raincoat" hehehe

Geez, if you ladies are like this with your bags, i can only imagine how you are with other things :smile:

I'm no where this extreme, I just never put my bag on the floor EVER. I am however, this cautious with a bag that I'm not sure I will keep. Just in case I decide to return it or sell it elsewhere. I know I really love it once I don't baby it. I don't care about the rain, I like the changes that water sometimes does to the leather. I've never had a pen burst but I did have the unfortunate situation where my fav nail polish (lincoln park after dark) spilled in my LV Sofia Coppola. Oh well, ish happens.

Geez, if you ladies are like this with your bags, i can only imagine how you are with other things :smile:

I'm no where this extreme, I just never put my bag on the floor EVER. I am however, this cautious with a bag that I'm not sure I will keep. Just in case I decide to return it or sell it elsewhere. I know I really love it once I don't baby it. I don't care about the rain, I like the changes that water sometimes does to the leather. I've never had a pen burst but I did have the unfortunate situation where my fav nail polish (lincoln park after dark) spilled in my LV Sofia Coppola. Oh well, ish happens.

I am guessing many are very careful with other things as well. I just take great care of my stuff and luckily I have been able to use them (while still looking practically new) for 10+ years! Getting my money's worth :biggrin:

I'm currently using my new Givenchy so I am quite protective of this (and my other bags). I never put them on any floor whatsoever...also when I eat I tend to put it on my lap and try to avoid it touching the bottom of the table. If it's a booth, then I would put it next to me and I check once in a while to see if there are any damages and I would clean it up if necessary. In the car, I would put it on the seat and not on the foot area and I would much rather prefer someone to hold my bag if I will be away from it (wow that was long lol)

I probably will once I get my hands on my Antigona.

I should have probably babied my LVs more but I admit....they did get thrown around (kind of gently). But they are still in amazing condition ;)

I protect my bags because they are piece of art for me and I collect them as such. also I hate any scratches and defects, I can't wear scratched thing any more. For example with shoes I MOSTLY buy contemporary, use them a lot and dispose in 1-2 seasons. It's not just about the price, I don't feel sorry to use up factory- made in China shoes, but I have great deal of respect for artisans who make piece-of-art bags. I have some pieces made by 13th generation of artisan family.