Are you super OCD protective about your bags?

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
This one is just for fun.

What do you do that is so weird and excessive to protect your bags? Some people may look at you and go "what on earth is she doing?" :biggrin:

1. I never sit my bags on the floor/ground when I'm outside my home.
2. When it rains, my bag gets the umbrella. I can dry off pretty easily.
3. When traveling (flights or even roadtrip), my bags go into a plastic bag so they never touch the floor when stowed away. When I get my bag out of the plastic bag, the plastic bag is then turned inside out and put away for use later. Gotta turn it inside out so the ICK stays inside and doesn't get on my other stuff.
4. At restaurants and such, my bag sits on the seat with me, next to me, or on a ledge. I may even throw my coat/jacket over her so nothing spills on her.

:nuts:

1. Never on the floor, even at home. Because of dirt & superstition too.
2. I also do the plastic bag, dust bag or travel tote over my bags on planes.
3. I have put my bag on before my coat in bad weather so it's protected.
4. Purse hook or sit in front of my bag if there isn't a ledge or seat available for it.
5. I will put my jacket over my bag if it next to me in a booth in case of spills. I did this for my friend too when she had to place her LV next to me because her side of the booth was full.
6. This wasn't me because I don't have kids, by my friend sometimes puts her bag in her kids car seat when the kid isn't in the car with her since it's her other baby. lol!

I've been known to take my coat off & wrap my bag in it if its raining which here in the UK is quite often I've also asked a shop if they had a spare carrier bag big enough to put my bag in when it started to rain when I was in the shop.

I never place it on the floor unless I put something underneath it first.
I can't stand people knocking into my bag I give them a look that could kill.

I'm pleased to know I'm not the only OCD bag owner lol

I never place them on the floor, except at home. If it rains, I will wait for rain to stop but my Givenchy pepe is rain friendly. Always place the bag on my lap when I am sitting down and I never use them for travel - traveling is too tough and rough for them and I usually backpack

LOL! Love the OCD confessions.

I have to add that I don't grab the handles if I just put lotion on my hands. IF I have to grab the handles immediately, I put lotion on the backs of my hands so my palms are not slathered.

OH, and gosh no, I don't let my luxury bags touch sunscreen. I will use a Kipling or something else if I know I need to wear sunscreen.

LOL! Love the OCD confessions.

I have to add that I don't grab the handles if I just put lotion on my hands. IF I have to grab the handles immediately, I put lotion on the backs of my hands so my palms are not slathered.

OH, and gosh no, I don't let my luxury bags touch sunscreen. I will use a Kipling or something else if I know I need to wear sunscreen.

Its great to know I'm not alone with my OCD ways concerning my how I baby my bags & yet my DH always comments on how I treat my car :roflmfao: lets just say its the complete opposite to how I treat my bags :roflmfao:

Hahaha I do all of these things. I also refuse to hang my bags from any type of hook/hanger because I don't want the handles to stretch. My bag will sit in my lap, thank you very much. ;)

I've been known to take my coat off & wrap my bag in it if its raining which here in the UK is quite often I've also asked a shop if they had a spare carrier bag big enough to put my bag in when it started to rain when I was in the shop.

I never place it on the floor unless I put something underneath it first.
I can't stand people knocking into my bag I give them a look that could kill.

I'm pleased to know I'm not the only OCD bag owner lol

OMG, this lady at Tuesday Morning zoomed into my Balenciaga We last week and my heart literally stopped beating. It was sooo weird! She didn't bump into me, just into my bag and I gave her a look, then looked at my bag. Kept telling myself to calm down "its only a bag", but I wasn't convincing.

If she was trying to rob me, she tried the wrong one honey, you can't reach into a we, you'd get swallowed up with the rest of my junk! :roflmfao:

Sorry to deviate from this thread and by the way I do most of what everyone else does, including banning DH from touching my bags because he got my nightingale scratched last summer and is prone to destroying stuff with his heavy handedness (contributed to the death of my oldest Burberry umbrella, broke all my red wine glasses etc). Love him to bits though :smile:

Not me, not in the least!

I'm sure that my inattention would shock some PF members. I'm not dragging them through mud puddles or anything, but I'm definitely not careful with my bags. A coat of Vectra right out of the gate and occasional moisturizing; that's all they get!

That's why I've resigned myself to buying only dark neutral colors, and also searching for the best quality bags that "break in" and wear well.

1. I always sit my bag on my laps or hang onto a special hook that sticks to the surface at the edge of the table/counter (you can buy it in some dept stores).
2. I'm overprotective when it's rainy. I always keep a nylon shopper that folds into a small roll and is ultra light and I also have a plastic bag. when it's rainy I put my beloved one into plastic bag, then upside down to the neylon shopper, carry it on my shoulder and protect this area with umbrella.
I also have 2-3 pairs of simple shoes in trunk of the car to change when it's rainy (not rainboots).

I know hrhsunshine is super shocked when I said I do put my bag on the floor :P
I take care of my bags but don't overly baby them.
I do get irritated when people bump into my bags but that may be more an invasion of space thing.
I have been known to run in the rain with my bag then I just quickly wipe it off after (I think I am lucky as I drive mostly everywhere).
I do bring out my bags to clean them once in a while or clean them after use and before putting them back in my wardrobe.
I do panic a bit when my kids play with my bags but try not to be too OCD about it as long as their hands are not dirty or sticky.

I know hrhsunshine is super shocked when I said I do put my bag on the floor :P
I take care of my bags but don't overly baby them.
I do get irritated when people bump into my bags but that may be more an invasion of space thing.
I have been known to run in the rain with my bag then I just quickly wipe it off after (I think I am lucky as I drive mostly everywhere).
I do bring out my bags to clean them once in a while or clean them after use and before putting them back in my wardrobe.
I do panic a bit when my kids play with my bags but try not to be too OCD about it as long as their hands are not dirty or sticky.

Oh BagMad, you allow them on the floor?? :shocked:

LOL! I have never really had anyone bump into my bags, thank goodness.

My bag OCD has rubbed onto my DH though. If our kids play with my bags, especially my Balenciaga, which have tassels (which are irresistible to a kid), my DH will quickly tell me kids to not play with mommy's bag! :lol:

My poor kids, they will have bag issues when they grow up.

Great Thread!!

1. My bag never touches the floor...not even at home.
2. I use a clippa if we are out and there is no room for my bag on the seat.
3. In the car my bag must be up front with me, on my lap, or by my side...not ever in the back; not even because my dog goes everywhere with me...even in a friend's car.
4. I keep a plastic, reusable shopper bag rolled up in my nightingale...just in case it snows or rains...must keep her safe.
5. Hand lotion touches my hands...never the handles.
6. I never allow loose pens in my bag...they must be in pouches in my bag.
7. I check the grocery cart (front seat only) before putting my bag down, and then still don't really like doing that.
8. I never plop my bag down on any surface without checking it first.

Gosh, I sound so anal...really I'm not...I just love my bag and want her to stay sanitary....I don't mind character here and there, I look forward to it....just on my terms. :biggrin: