Are you partial to a particular breed?

I own a bulldog, I have always wanted one and will probably always own one, but I would consider owning another type of dog. At the dog training center I get to see a wide variety and some of my favorites are;

Keeshond, irish setter, flat coat retreiver, french bulldog, & a cavelier king charles....ooh and a pekingnese(sp).

PUGS!!! I have three. Pugs are the best breed IMO.

I have owned an Australian Shepard and a Golden Retriever before. Both were great dogs and passed away of old age. As a kid I always wanted a pug, so when I moved out on my own I finally bought one. I soon bought another pug a year later. I then met my husband, who had a pug, so now we have one big happy pug family.

I love all dogs, but I have owned nothing but German Shepherds for the past 25 years. We have two at this time. I am "addicted" to the breed. They are the most wonderful dogs, very loving, loyal and extremely trainable!!:tup:

I love ALL dogs, but I have always had either a pom or a Lab. Right now DH and I have a black lab, and we just got my parents a Pom...so we have the best of both worlds!!

I had a poodle and a shih tzu before but these dogs were just given to me and thus, I did not have a choice with the breed. It has been a long time since I got another dog, and before we decided what breed to get, we considered the size (it has to be small because be live in a townhouse) and does not need much excercise (we are a family of couch potatoes!). Since my sister has a mini shnauzer and I like its temperament and look, we chose to get one. I think I am partial to terriers and the like when it comes to the physical aspect of a dog. I cannot imagine owning a bulldog, pug or rottweilers or other similar breeds because I basically do not like how they look.

I love ALL dogs, and every dog I see I want to bring home regardless of breed!
But,I think I may be a little partial to Chihuahua's. Mariah(black dog) was my first dog, and I just love her, I think shes the smartest dog in the WORLD lol! I love Princess just as much and she is Lhaso/Shih Tzu so I guess Im not that partial! lol.

I posted back in the beginning of this thread, but I've been thinking about this for a while and hope it's okay to post here and not too off-topic.

Although we have two Keeshonds and a Collie-mix, and I love them more than life itself I am fearful that as my DH and I get older that it will be impossible to have such large dogs. We have the space (3 acres) and a big house and huge hearts and lots of love, but it's the lifting of the dogs that I don't think we'll always be able to do.

It used to be so easy to pick them up and put them in the car or have them jump on the bed. But now, as they too get older, they need assistance and it's hard for us to lift them.

This makes me sad.

I posted back in the beginning of this thread, but I've been thinking about this for a while and hope it's okay to post here and not too off-topic.

Although we have two Keeshonds and a Collie-mix, and I love them more than life itself I am fearful that as my DH and I get older that it will be impossible to have such large dogs. We have the space (3 acres) and a big house and huge hearts and lots of love, but it's the lifting of the dogs that I don't think we'll always be able to do.

It used to be so easy to pick them up and put them in the car or have them jump on the bed. But now, as they too get older, they need assistance and it's hard for us to lift them.

This makes me sad.

I am sorry to hear that.... You can look into getting pet stairs that would help your dogs onto the bed, also they sell dog ramps for cars that fold or "telescope" closed when not in use that may help with loading in the car. It is fairly simple to teach them to use it.

Good luck

This makes me sad.

That's kind of what happened to us, but it was a good suggestion on getting them a ramp if needed. I love dogs also, big or small, and even though we now have the acreage to have a big one, it would be too much for my elderly parents who we take care of when dh and I travel (which we do for work). For a while we wanted an assistance dog, usually a lab or golden, for my dad, but it would have meant a required 8 hours of training a day he would have to participate in (with the dog) for several days which he would have been unable to do. Plus, he has pain from his stroke and we wanted a dog that could jump on his bed and sit with him. A big dog would be too much for him there. Also, the dog can be too small since we have stairs. Mimi, our pom (which was abnormally small) couldn't make it up stairs and it was hard for my mom to bend down and pick her up everytime she needed a potty break. Dahlia fits the bill. I just wish she wasn't such a one person dog (where I'm that person), and she'd be a bit happier to others like she is with me. Right now our lifestyle pretty much dictates our impartiality on what kind of dog we adopt. But, it did introduce me to a new breed I wasn't familiar with and I've grown to love now.

Mine are my first beagles and they've made me a beagle lover for life. They are gorgeous dogs, those eyes just melt your heart!!! They're incredibly smart, I mean, almost unbelievable. Sweet, loving, playful, great with people and children...just amazing dogs.